WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2679
    Journal Entries

I think it would be important to post WARNING to anyone who has an opinion or post a link contrary to anything that TJ or Water RAT already believes. Even though this forum is largely about speculation and information sharing by many many nice folks, and we've heard it all here so far from a lot of people, they will be deeply offended if you say anything that they don't agree with. They will consider what you say crap and bring shame on you for stating any of your opinions or simply informing people of the opinions of others. Please try to agree with them based on whatever your mind reading abilities are to help bring unity to this thread. Or you could use your powers for reasoning, logic and tendency towards fact to know that, though EXTREMELY unlikely to be perpetrators, the navy base's personal are one of only two groups of people known to be in close proximity to Inchworms disappearance and PLS. That there is a fact

Journal Entries
    Images

Please, unless someone has something good or important to share here, lets keep this on topic and serious. We have heard the thoughts on SERE now. So lets move on if we have something more to add. If not I will close down this thread.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

I am not sure what can be added unless something tangible appears. I would like closure. My birthday is coming up. She went missing on my birthday. I spent the day at Pierce Pond reading about Parkside. Aside from reading about his tragedy, it was one of the best days of my hike. The next day there was a fairly steady drizzle most of the day as we hiked to Little Bigelow. It was a peaceful walk. When we got to Stratton all peace and fun ceased. I was certain someone would find her injured as I walked south those next few days. I will never meet those that knew Inchworm, let alone her. It is a gratuitous thing, but my birthdays will forever be filled with Parkside and Inchworm. Parkside is missed and honored by many people that never knew him. I miss and honor a person I never knew. Let's speak kindness when we speak of her memory. What happens to this thread matters little. Perhaps it should close. If there is ever closure, maybe the next thread about that will not be so wild. RIP Inchworm. And to those that love her, my thoughts will forever be with you too.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

This thread should close when Inchworm is found, and only then.
    Springer to Katahdin: 1991-2018

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marcovee View Post
    This thread should close when Inchworm is found, and only then.
    I agree, I look daily for updates to this thread. It's about the only thing on Whiteblaze I read anymore.
    "You're a nearsighted, bitter old fool."

Quote Originally Posted by yerbyray View Post
    Anything is plausible when it comes to the murky world of private armies.

Lots and lots of specious noise about accidents on military bases far from the AT and mercenary armies.....

Don't rule anything out
    Wow. You make my point.

Quote Originally Posted by AT Traveler View Post
    Wow. You make my point.
    No, I just showed you that a diligent investigator isn't going to rule anything out and military training does often occur outside of training facilities with accidents.
    IF your "number of posts" exceed your "days as a member" your knowledge is suspect.

Yerby Ray
    Newton, NC

Shut down the thread until the crazies leave. This has morphed into nothing resembling what really happened "may" have happened to inchworm and is now about a government conspiracy, UFOs Bigfoot and God only knows what is next. Ochams razor: SERE school is the LEAST likely cause of her demise.

Please guys! I am begging you. Is there any way we can keep this about Inchworm? People need to get a picture of her smiling face. When they get ready to post, they need to look into her eyes and say, "I am alive. More than likely she is not. Odds are high that her end was not happy. She left many that love her behind. They might read my post. This is not about me. My words will be respectful." Then post.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Please guys! I am begging you. Is there any way we can keep this about Inchworm? People need to get a picture of her smiling face. When they get ready to post, they need to look into her eyes and say, "I am alive. More than likely she is not. Odds are high that her end was not happy. She left many that love her behind. They might read my post. This is not about me. My words will be respectful." Then post.
    + 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Is there any way we can keep this about Inchworm?
    It was, until the anti-military/conspiracy theory thread hi-jacking.
    If I was still an admin, I'd delete that whole business and keep the thread open.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by yerbyray View Post
    No, I just showed you that a diligent investigator isn't going to rule anything out and military training does often occur outside of training facilities with accidents.
    I'm not sure I ruled out much, the Maine Game Warden service, State Police, and Federal authorities involved have, My point was when people publish myth or speculations as fact, other people buy it in large numbers, as we see in Texas currently with the "invasion force to take guns" stuff.

Anecdotes are not data.

Journal Entries

Thanks Attroll for cooling things. Lets all keep in mind the its not constructive to flame other posters in forums, but especially not in a forum thread like this that deals with such a sensitive matter. If we disagree with a thought from someone or even an entire article written on the subject, just briefly disagree and don't flame. We want people to wander in here and take a positive interest or use this source to gather facts. I can do a better job as can others to be better ambassadors of this whiteblaze thread in loving memory of Gerry. More writers and their articles are going to be written, and posters comming in here to offer thoughts that may seem off the wall. And as long as we're cool about it, that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfly View Post
    Thanks Attroll for cooling things. Lets all keep in mind the its not constructive to flame other posters in forums, but especially not in a forum thread like this that deals with such a sensitive matter. If we disagree with a thought from someone or even an entire article written on the subject, just briefly disagree and don't flame. We want people to wander in here and take a positive interest or use this source to gather facts. I can do a better job as can others to be better ambassadors of this whiteblaze thread in loving memory of Gerry. More writers and their articles are going to be written, and posters comming in here to offer thoughts that may seem off the wall. And as long as we're cool about it, that's okay.
    Thank you, Starfly.
    Springer to Katahdin: 1991-2018

Son Driven
    Journal Entries

There should be a record of an interview of all who where in the vicinity of inchworms disappearance regardless it they where part of the hiking community or our military.
    03/07/13 - 10/07/13 Flip flop AT thru hike "It is well with my soul"

Journal Entries

Hey folks I'm heading up to conduct a one and a half day search Columbus Weekend in October. Dates are Sunday afternoon 11th through Monday the 12th. Camping near intersection of AT and Orbeton, with a lighthearted off trail search to be determined but at some point elevation gain for some fall foliage views. Details forthcoming. Would anyone like to join or do you know anyone that would? Feel free to post or PM. Have a good one!

Journal Entries

I know this thread is growing old and stale but I'm not giving up. Only have 1 member to join the search. Please, can anyone else help?

Question: I remember hearing about dogs being used early in the search. Did the dogs ever hit on a scent and if so how far did they track that scent?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaling Fool View Post
    Question: I remember hearing about dogs being used early in the search. Did the dogs ever hit on a scent and if so how far did they track that scent?
    I read that the dogs did pick up a scent somewhere in the valley, but couldn't pinpoint exactly where. Something about the ways the wind blows all around and up and over Sugarloaf and Spaulding. I want to know what happened to the hiker she was last seen with.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Ivanic was the last person at Poplar shelter, supposedly Gerry left before Ivanic got up that morning and claims she didn't see Gerry.
    Review post #1543 (page 78) by Starfly in this thread. The Maine Wardens believe .COM and QUEEN were the last to see Gerry.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++