WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2679

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I'm so confused by ChuckT's post- that "Ivanic" was mentioned in a journal (Steps) from 2012. She sounds creepy too.

Is this same Ivanic hiking the trail in 2013 too??
    I know, it seems odd she would be hiking two consecutive years. Roughdrafts could answer this question by comparing the person he saw at Poplar Ridge LT to the photo above. What do you think roughdrafts?

Makes complete sense to me if she's section-hiking.
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerslair View Post
    I know, it seems odd she would be hiking two consecutive years. Roughdrafts could answer this question by comparing the person he saw at Poplar Ridge LT to the photo above. What do you think roughdrafts?
    I hope roughdrafts comes back on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Feet View Post
    Makes complete sense to me if she's section-hiking.
    Yes, that does make sense.

I hope you guys know me by now. I don't judge people, quickly. Having said that, I would not like to sleep alone in the woods with her, not now.... not ever. She would have freaked me out just as much as a bear sniffing around my tent at night.

After viewing the picture of Ivanic and Inchworm side by side, could I confuse the two? I just don't know.

It is possible that the encounter - seeing Inchworm in the AM at the shelter with a tent yet to be packed away may be a muddled memory. I need to go back though theses pages and dig out that encounter.

cvt

Images

Is it possible the female caller to Sue at the Stratton Motel was Ivanic (or one of her personalities if it is the same person as mentioned in the tj)?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckT View Post
    After viewing the picture of Ivanic and Inchworm side by side, could I confuse the two? I just don't know.

It is possible that the encounter - seeing Inchworm in the AM at the shelter with a tent yet to be packed away may be a muddled memory. I need to go back though theses pages and dig out that encounter.

cvt
    ChuckT... referring to your post #982, I would love to know if Ivanic (2012) is the same person that was hiking with/around, IW this year.

Images

Default Wardens seek hikers' aid in finding woman lost from Appalachian Trail - Kennebec Jour

Are there any cliffs between Poplar Ridge Lean To and Spalding Mountain Leanto that inchworm could have been pushed or fallen off and have they been searched?
    I've lived too long to care what others think about me

It's the same person and yes, she was section hiking both years. If Ivanich left Poplar Ridge after Inchworm did, she could have passed her heading north, but since her destination for that day was also Spaulding at 8 miles away, she may have left the lean-to late in the morning and taken her time getting there. I suspect we would have heard about it if she had confirmed passing her (and where and what time that was), but maybe not.

I met a warden on the trail looking to speak with Ivanich a couple of weeks ago (she or someone else had reported that Inchworm had not made it to Spaulding Lean-To on Monday), and since she was behind me I imagine he did meet her later that day and got any relevant information from her.

Quote Originally Posted by roughdrafts View Post
    It's the same person and yes, she was section hiking both years. If Ivanich left Poplar Ridge after Inchworm did, she could have passed her heading north, but since her destination for that day was also Spaulding at 8 miles away, she may have left the lean-to late in the morning and taken her time getting there. I suspect we would have heard about it if she had confirmed passing her (and where and what time that was), but maybe not.

I met a warden on the trail looking to speak with Ivanich a couple of weeks ago (she or someone else had reported that Inchworm had not made it to Spaulding Lean-To on Monday), and since she was behind me I imagine he did meet her later that day and got any relevant information from her.
    Thanks so much, roughdrafts. So now it appears that a woman with multiply personalities was hiking near IW.

We shouldn't jump to any conclusions here. Does the people working on this know about ChuckT's-- TJ's post? They should find that interesting, IMHO.

Some of you should step away from the computer...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaling Fool View Post
    PF- You are trying to sound just like a mod., which you are not. Please stop judging or being "bossy" or whatever you are doing. It's not needed or necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaling Fool View Post
    no doubt......

Images

So now it appears that a woman with multiply personalities was hiking near IW.
    Please stop judging....It's not needed or necessary.
    pot calling kettle
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have not shimmed in but one thought that has crossed my mind that Inchworm could have done and I am not sure if this was something the Maine Wardens looked into.

If she wanted to get off the trail early she might have bypassed Spaulding Lean-to and moved on to the summit of Sugarloaf and tried to walk down the ski trails. There is a trail from the summit house to the bottom but I have gotten confused and taken the wrong trail when walking down this way before. She could have taken the wrong trail down and had an accident. I hope this was looked into.
    I second this concern. It appears that this possibility was looked into on the initial searches, but there are a lot of trails, and there is no designated or suggested way to come down from the summit house. My family and I took the lift up there last Saturday, and hiked to the top. We tried to come down via a maintenance road, because climbing up the Tote Rd. trail (a blue trail) was a bit hard on the kids. The road goes way to skiers left on the mountain, beyond where the lift was, so we cut through the woods a couple times to get to a better trail. Obviously, Inchworm could have done the same thing.

Images

I talk to myself...sometimes out loud. That does not mean I have multiple personalities.

It is amazing how fast Ivanic was diagnosed to have multiple personalities. Before you totally crucify this poor woman, I ask you to think how you would feel if you were being discussed (as you are discussing her online) and judged by people who had never met you. From the interaction mentioned, she showed no violent behavior toward others and kept to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    pot calling kettle
    Ewker... I said it APPEARS... no judging. Read post # 982. The person that spent the night with Ivanich, came up with that description.... take it up with that person, not me. And thanks. Also, I said please stop judging ...or whatever you are doing... you forgot that part. If you are going to "quote me" don't leave out half of what I said.. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post
    I talk to myself...sometimes out loud. That does not mean I have multiple personalities.

It is amazing how fast Ivanic was diagnosed to have multiple personalities. Before you totally crucify this poor woman, I ask you to think how you would feel if you were being discussed (as you are discussing her online) and judged by people who had never met you. From the interaction mentioned, she showed no violent behavior toward others and kept to herself.
    Very well stated.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

yes you are judging but you don't see it...get over yourself

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post

worth repeating for those who are judging her

Quote Originally Posted by ElephantEater View Post
    HUGE new development: I just got a call from Jane (her other hiking partner) and she got a call from one of the investigators. They now believe that the folks who thought that they saw Gerry near the apex of Lone Mountain confused her with someone else, and they think it is very possible that she never made it to Lone Mtn. Since Jane and I stopped our investigation just short of Perham stream, figuring Gerry had already long passed that, I do not know the terrain from Poplar Ridge to the base of Lone Mountain. Jane said she was told that there was some large cliff that was possible that Gerry could have fallen down and it would be very difficult to see her. The search is being re-directed to this section of the trail from what Jane understands. Question to those who know: please describe the terrain and potential danger areas. One last thing, remember that the search teams did cover the trails and side trails and logging roads, creeks and rivers from Poplar Ridge to Hwy 27, so it still wouldn't be an on/next to-the-trail mishap, but rather if she went off trail for the bathroom.
    Sorry, been away from the computer for a while doing what I should have been doing last weekend (the Bigalows).

Heading NOBO from the Poplar Ridge Lean-to, there are definitely a number of fall areas heading down the mountain, but not any "man-eating" cliffs like on the slopes of Sugarloaf. It is definitely possible that she could have taken a fatal fall into some foliage, and would be missed. I rock hopped across Orbeton Stream, I don't think she would have trouble crossing on a dry day. The ascent from Orbeton Stream was the steepest section, and was perilous descending, but going up should not have been a problem (plus, if she had fallen there, she should have been found). Besides that climb from Orbeton stream, nothing really difficult up to Lone Mtn., it was a somewhat gradual climb (for the area) without anything really dangerous. If I had to pick a "danger" on that section, it would be falling into the stream/chute on hiker's right for the next mile after the climb from Orbeton Stream.
    Last edited by joshuasdad; 08-16-2013 at 10:33. Reason: Heading NOBO...

Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++