WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by QuabbinHiker View Post
    I just was stating the possible outcomes based on the info I have at the moment. There is nothing wrong with my post - it's direct and to the point. As life is. I do not sugarcoat reality, sorry if you are looking for that from me. I do not provide that.

My gut is leaning towards foul play on this one.
    That is fine, no problem.

You sound like others on this site. You not alone in your thinking, believe me- They say/you say - I don't sugar coat things.. I speak my mind- ya da ya da!! No real apology from you?? Should we be the ones to apologize for being offended by your words, then?? Our point is that you can say how you feel, not sugarcoat reality etc. Just use tact---

TACT- Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.

Welcome to WB!! Hope you find many friends here to share your love of hiking with....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    appears they are scaling the search back with no new leads or info
    It's odd they are scaling back the search just as they begun grid searching. My friend who is in law enforcement suggested to me this means they have more info they are withholding from the public as to not spoil leads .

I am not here to make friends, I am her for the info and the discussions about the trail. I prefer to make friends offline in the traditional way.

Quote Originally Posted by QuabbinHiker View Post
    I just was stating the possible outcomes based on the info I have at the moment. There is nothing wrong with my post - it's direct and to the point. As life is. I do not sugarcoat reality, sorry if you are looking for that from me. I do not prov
    My gut is leaning toward foul play on this one.
    There was no need to be offensive about it, see #2 of the user agreement. Post has been removed (#3), everybody please move on about that post. Thanks.
    http://whiteblaze.net/cmps.php?page=agreement
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Everyone needs to move on instead of fighting to have the last insult. Does no good to anyone, esp the friends and family that come over here and have to see this nonsense.

i move this thread be locked down in some way so that only moderators can post up to date, accurate, new information. this is getting ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Ape View Post
    i move this thread be locked down in some way so that only moderators can post up to date, accurate, new information. this is getting ugly.
    meh, there are hikers on the site that are in the area that have given some good first hand info that seems to have been useful. It just requires that some of the heavy posters that are not involved and have no input to just pipe down. I think Alligator has it under control. If they shut down these types of threads because they get ugly, most threads on this site would get shut down. Valid point though HA

Unfortunately, at this point it seems unlikey we will ever know what happened to the poor woman. I think alian abduction is much more likey then foul play. The foul play thing has to be kept open as an option by law enforcement when someone goes missing, no matter how unlikely that might be.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I thought sticky thread were supposed to be factual, focused and directly to the point. Glad Alligator is taking action. Folks are coming to this thread for updates and don't need the hassel of scrolling through opinions and speculation. There are other threads on the topic that are not sticky threads. You want to speculate or give opinions, don't be so darn lazy, Use the other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    I thought sticky thread were supposed to be factual, focused and directly to the point. Glad Alligator is taking action. Folks are coming to this thread for updates and don't need the hassel of scrolling through opinions and speculation. There are other threads on the topic that are not sticky threads. You want to speculate or give opinions, don't be so darn lazy, Use the other threads.
    You mean like your post?

Actually, I think you are confussing "sticky" with "straight forward".

I, for one, hope this or a thread like it stays open. It was hard to enjoy the part of my Maine hike that took me through 27 to Piazza Rock. I know my interest is not as much as those that knew her, but I am going to have a hard time letting this story go. For 4 days I saw and heard more signs of a search than I did wildlife. I want closure and a happy ending.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for the info peakbagger. Really don't know anything about sink holes. Just been hearing about them in the past year.

i'm thinkin' she may have run into some trouble at caribou valley road. maybe abducted or something

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i'm thinkin' she may have run into some trouble at caribou valley road. maybe abducted or something
    I am not familiar with that area at all -- what is it about Caribou Valley Rd that makes you think that?
    you left to walk the appalachian trail
    you can feel your heart as smooth as a snail
    the mountains your darlings
    but better to love than have something to scale

-Girlyman, "Hold It All At Bay"

Quote Originally Posted by QHShowoman View Post
    I am not familiar with that area at all -- what is it about Caribou Valley Rd that makes you think that?
    the AT crosses that road. and it's easy to drive there off Hwy 27

birdbrain, i agree w/ you, i'm also checking WB several times daily. . .i was one of the hikers who last saw inchworm, my hiking partner & i met her at poplar ridge lean-to sunday evening. . .we chatted & cooked dinner together. next morning, we took photos & departed early, inchworm NOBO, us SOBO.

inchworm, where are you????

.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TD55 View Post
    Agreed. Facts and informed background are much appreciated here.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Just found this.. thought it was very touching. I wanted to share....http://blueridgehikingco.com/gerry/

HikerMom thank you for sharing that with us!

Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++