WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Images

Thanks Groonky for the update:

Do you happen to know where that crossing with the pavillion was?

Images

thats our own karma13,linda daly being interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Feet View Post
    The caller spoke to a motel employee, not the husband. Although, according to a personal friend of mine that was staying at the motel a few days later - it was actually the owner that took the call (it was the press that kept saying "employee").
    Got it, thanks. And was it the Stratton or Spillover Motel?
    AT02, LT 03-04, BMT05, NPT06, Haute Route07, Abol Ridgerunner 07/08, EBC Nepal trek 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Do you happen to know where that crossing with the pavillion was?
    The kiosk? Yes those interviews were at the trail on 27. Coming out from the Crockers and before heading up the Bigs.
    AT02, LT 03-04, BMT05, NPT06, Haute Route07, Abol Ridgerunner 07/08, EBC Nepal trek 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebearee View Post
    Got it, thanks. And was it the Stratton or Spillover Motel?
    My friend told me, "Sue, the owner, talked to that hiker."

Not sure which hotel that would be (I never stayed in Stratton).
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

The kiosk? Yes those interviews were at the trail on 27. Coming out from the Crockers and before heading up the Bigs.
    Yeah, kiosk, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Feet View Post
    My friend told me, "Sue, the owner, talked to that hiker."

Not sure which hotel that would be (I never stayed in Stratton).
    That's the Stratton Motel then, I know Susan. Just curious as one news source early on mentioned the Spillover another motel in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Yeah, kiosk, thanks.
    They enlarged that t/h a few years back to a bigger parking lot. I wrecked my two month old Subaru there in 07 turning around to pick up two hitching hikers.

They enlarged that t/h a few years back to a bigger parking lot. I wrecked my two month old Subaru there in 07 turning around to pick up two hitching hikers.
    You must have a lot of pull!

Journal Entries
    Images

Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife

UPDATE GERALDINE LARGAY SEARCH, August 2, 2013: The Maine Warden Service is continuing investigative efforts as to the location of Geraldine Largay. We have made considerable progress in connecting with hikers who have had valuable information to share. Some of these hikers have made their way north as far as the One-Hundred Mile Wilderness and Baxter State Park. We know there are more hikers with valuable information. If you or you know anyone who stayed at the Spaulding Mountain Lean-to on the night of Monday, July 22, please call the Public Safety Dispatch Center in Augusta at (207) 624-7076 or 1-800-452-4664 (Maine only).

We will be utilizing Maine Game Wardens and searchers with the Maine Association of Search and Rescue for an intensified search this Sunday, August 4. If we do not locate Geraldine by Sunday evening, we will evaluate what we have learned at that point and plan future search efforts accordingly. If we realize a need for additional resources and volunteer searchers, we will place a call for your help. If you wish to become a searcher trained with MASAR, please see the below link to learn more.

www.mainesearchandrescue.org

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    thats our own karma13,linda daly being interviewed.
    That's so cool!!

I keep hoping/praying for a good outcome. God bless those 2 friends of Inchworm!!

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Hoosier's journal for today says that he met George on the trail today. You will probably find it interesting. At least, I did. The journal is in TrailJournals.com.
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Images

latest updated at 8:31PM tonight

The Maine Warden Service said it is making progress connecting with Appalachian Trail hikers who may have information about Geraldine Largay, and is no longer looking for the unidentified hiker who called the Stratton Mountain Motel July 24, saying she'd seen the missing hiker.

Cpl. John MacDonald said in an email today that wardens are no longer seeking the woman who called the Stratton Motel at 5 p.m. July 24, saying she and Inchworm, Largay's trail name, had both spent Tuesday night in the Spaulding Mountain lean-to.....see rest at link

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/M...ing-hiker.html
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by SawnieRobertson View Post
    Hoosier's journal for today says that he met George on the trail today. You will probably find it interesting. At least, I did. The journal is in TrailJournals.com.
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=428386

So sad but thanks for sharing that SawnieRobertson..

Images
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Thanks for that update Karl....damn shame the way this is playing out, I know many of us here have had a lot of hope...still prayin this turns out well.

Images

That trail journal entry http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=428386 is actually VERY informative in so many very subtle ways. Thanks.
    I've lived too long to care what others think about me

Does anyone have pictures of the area of trail they are talking about? Have searched the internet and couldn’t find any. I met Inchworm on the AT in NH. She was fit and capable and interesting to talk to, and having a heck of a good time out there. Have been following this since she went missing and hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++