WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: podcasts

Journal Entries

Default podcasts

What podcasts do you like listening to when hiking the trail?

I like no holds barred honesty that makes me laugh so I listen to Mad Scientist Party Hour, Bobby Kelly, Nick DiPaolo and Doug Stanhope. The first three are on Riotcast and Itunes. Stanhope you have to download from his YouTube channel or website.

I keep looking for good backpacking podcasts, but most of what I have found is no longer being produced, or is at such an elementary level. Some are just boring stories. "Hey, remember that rock that we passed. Yeah, that was cool." No real great adventure stories. If there are good ones out there, I am all ears.
    "Not many miles, but a whole lot of smiles." Vegan Packer

It has nothing to do with backpacking, but I listened to Welcome to Night Vale for a lot of nighttime walks around Madrid while preparing for the Camino de Santiago. Listening to that while wandering around a city after dark was delightfully eerie. It's sort of like if Stephen Colbert and Stephen King co-hosted a radio show. Funny, but a little unnerving.

I don't wear headphones while actually hiking in the wilderness because I like the sound of the woods, but lately in the car or doing chores around the house, I've been listening to Dear Hank and John. Their target audience is pretty young though, so I don't know how much "real adults" would enjoy them. (I have a master's degree and a full time job but somehow still struggle to think of myself as a "real adult".) But they're sort of a comedy/advice podcast, as well as scientific news about Mars and sporting news from lower tier English football. An eclectic forty-five minutes of listening xD

Dirtbag diaries is my favorite outdoor podcast. Good adventures from many different individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++