WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Default 2016 JMT Hiker Survey Registration by 5/31

A key contributor to the Yahoo! JMT Hiker's Group is once again conducting a survey of JMT hikers, which I have already registered for. His goal is to send out 1,500 surveys, but he is only about halfway so far. If you are planning a JMT hike this year, please consider registering and then completing the survey once your hike is finished.

Here is a copy of the e-mail request I received, along with the link to the registration page:

Thanks for participating in the Fourth Annual JMT Hiker Survey.
    I have 675 registrants so far. About 25 new registrations come in per day. I will probably pick up another 250 hikers by talking to people on the JMT during own 21-day hike.
    But I need your help if I'm going to reach my goal of 1,500 participants. (There were 1,400 last year.)

If you have hiking companions or other freinds who haven't registered for the survey, please ask them to register before May 31? They can use this link:

I'm more likely to get a registrant who hears about the survey from a trusted friend.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Yea, Craig does these surveys for the JMT. They offer really good information if you look at past surveys. I wish he would do a section hike survey too.

Hiker Survey author, Co-moderator of Yahoo JMT Group

Default John Muir Trail Survey Registration reopened

The link below still works if you want to register for the 2016 JMT Hiker Survey. I have re-opened registrations. The survey itself will arrive within 2 weeks of your registration. It will come as a personalized link to Survey Monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    A key contributor to the Yahoo! JMT Hiker's Group is once again conducting a survey of JMT hikers, which I have already registered for. His goal is to send out 1,500 surveys, but he is only about halfway so far. If you are planning a JMT hike this year, please consider registering and then completing the survey once your hike is finished.

Here is a copy of the e-mail request I received, along with the link to the registration page:
    Thanks for participating in the Fourth Annual JMT Hiker Survey.
    I have 675 registrants so far. About 25 new registrations come in per day. I will probably pick up another 250 hikers by talking to people on the JMT during own 21-day hike.
    But I need your help if I'm going to reach my goal of 1,500 participants. (There were 1,400 last year.)
    If you have hiking companions or other freinds who haven't registered for the survey, please ask them to register before May 31? They can use this link:

I'm more likely to get a registrant who hears about the survey from a trusted friend.

Hiker Survey author, Co-moderator of Yahoo JMT Group

The surveys do accommodate JMT section hikers and hikers who switched from an intended thru-hike to a Plan B section hike. Garyp may have been thinking of the recent Pacific Coast Trail surveys which were limited to successful PCT thru-hikers. There is no "Craig" associated with the JMT surveys.

Quote Originally Posted by garyp View Post
    Yea, Craig does these surveys for the JMT. They offer really good information if you look at past surveys. I wish he would do a section hike survey too.

++ New Posts ++