WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Blackburn Trail Center?

Hi there! I'm finally getting back on the trail and I've got my 2011 AT Guide. Does anyone know if the Blackburn Trail Center is open this early in the year?

I stayed in the shelter there a few years ago in Februry and saw the caretakers the next morning. I think they (changes yearly I believe) are present year around. You can probably find a number to call to confirm though.

Images

Send an email to [email protected], should be able to get answers to your questions that way.
    Last edited by Furlough; 05-12-2016 at 06:27. Reason: correctness
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Blackburn Trail Center is essentially open year-round to hikers (except on rare occasions when there might be a private event such as a wedding or special trail-related training, but even then, hikers are usually welcome on some part of the property). You should always plan to tent regardless in case the small bunkhouse is full when you get there. The tentsites are excellent and it's a beautiful spot. If you're lucky, you'll get to meet TrailBoss or his wife Sandi, who is chair of ATC's board.

++ New Posts ++