WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Friday the 13th

I have stayed at the camp several times when in the Scouts. Have also ate at the restaurant in Blairstown many times. And oddly enough I have a uncle Jason Voorhees. Oh yea I was also born on Halloween. Have the number ''13'' tattooed on my legs. No ''BS''

RUNT ''13''

Quote Originally Posted by runt13 View Post
    I have stayed at the camp several times when in the Scouts. Have also ate at the restaurant in Blairstown many times. And oddly enough I have a uncle Jason Voorhees. Oh yea I was also born on Halloween. Have the number ''13'' tattooed on my legs. No ''BS''

RUNT ''13''
    okay you win!

Quote Originally Posted by Ktaadn View Post
    I'm more of a Blair Witch fan.
    A few years ago, when visiting my old stomping grounds in Maryland, I took a very short hike out of Gathland State Park: a side trail north to the shelter, up the access trail to the AT and back to the car on the AT. Any Blair Witch fan knows that part of the film was made in Burkittsville, just down the mountain from Gathland to the east. I'm not superstitious, but it felt a little eerie walking along there.

The movie developed a cult following, and for a while, they were a real nuisance to the residents of Burkittsville. "No Trespassing" signs sprouted around town like dandelions, and there were more problems at the cemetery than anywhere else. The "Welcome to Burkittsville" sign on the highway was stolen so many times that I think they quit replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Friday the 13th is upon us once again, and this time Jason Vorhees is pissed, it seems he's been forgotten, so a geography lesson is in order. The movie Friday the 13th took place at "camp crystal lake" (which is really 'sand pond' in northern NJ) and sand pond is at camp Nobe-Scobo where the movie was filmed and still operates today but a stones throw off the Appalachian Trail. Trivia or trivial, you decide, just remember while hiking in the woods this weekend to look over your shoulder while passing near nobe-scobo. Happy hiking!
    Some have liked the movie so much they have even tried calling:http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2...ay_the_13.html

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 05-22-2017 at 04:35.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Friday the 13th is upon us once again, and this time Jason Vorhees is pissed, it seems he's been forgotten, so a geography lesson is in order. The movie Friday the 13th took place at "camp crystal lake" (which is really 'sand pond' in northern NJ) and sand pond is at camp Nobe-Scobo where the movie was filmed and still operates today but a stones throw off the Appalachian Trail. Trivia or trivial, you decide, just remember while hiking in the woods this weekend to look over your shoulder while passing near nobe-scobo. Happy hiking!
    Betsy Palmer, the actress who played Jason's mom passed away nearly 2 years ago this month. She claimed she only did the part because she needed a new carMaybe we can have a "Betsy Palmer Hiking Day Remembrance" also:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ay-13th-799070

Quote Originally Posted by DapperD View Post
    Betsy Palmer, the actress who played Jason's mom passed away nearly 2 years ago this month. She claimed she only did the part because she needed a new carMaybe we can have a "Betsy Palmer Hiking Day Remembrance" also:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ay-13th-799070
    If two can make a quarum...think we just did. Thanks, I hadn't heard that before, nor did I know she passed.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperD View Post
    Some have liked the movie so much they have even tried calling:http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2...ay_the_13.html
    Just saw your earlier post here...and I hadn't heard this either, thanks

Just saw tickets will be going on sale for the Friday the 13th Camp Tour for all buffs of the movie:http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warr...our_in_nj.html

bump.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++