WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default car rental suggestions for Georgia section hike

Me and a Friend are planing a quick weekend hike from springer mtn to neels gap and plan on renting a car. we'll be driving from miami up to the hiker hostelnear . the only issue we are running into is that there are no rental car drop-off locations near hiker hostel. any suggestions ? we do plan on using a shuttle to/from the hostel and probably a shuttle from the rental drop-off point to the hostel but someplace a bit closer than 2 hours from the hostel

Quote Originally Posted by DatFLhiker View Post
    Me and a Friend are planing a quick weekend hike from springer mtn to neels gap and plan on renting a car. we'll be driving from miami up to the hiker hostelnear . the only issue we are running into is that there are no rental car drop-off locations near hiker hostel. any suggestions ? we do plan on using a shuttle to/from the hostel and probably a shuttle from the rental drop-off point to the hostel but someplace a bit closer than 2 hours from the hostel
    Depending on your rental car company, you might want to try to locate a drop off and Cumming, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Gainesville.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

You may think I'm crazy but UHaul vans can be cheaper than cars to rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enterprise Car rental has a small lication in Jasper, about 29 miles south of Amicalola.

Journal Entries
    Images

Consider a Hybrid - 336 MILES TO A TANK!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

thanks all . now as far as shuttles go ,any recommendations? leaving the 26th hoping to be on the trail the 27th . I have been trying to get in contact with someone for the past couple weeks at a reasonable price

Call Ron Brown -706 -669-0919 I believe he is 150$ from the airport in ATL but I could be wrong. Please give him a shout as I love getting him business.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

El Sordo
    Images

there is an Enterprise in Blairsville.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Images

If you are staying at the Hiker Hostel they can pick you up ast the Enterprise in Dawsonville, or Enterprise or Hertz in Gainesville.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

++ New Posts ++