Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

At the showing of jesters new movie at the doyel this weekend we made a memorial to jack in 23.
    Tricks brought the framed pic of him we had at the gathering , i brought jacks fishin fread necklace and we put a flag and a upside down shotglass and a unlit candle.
    As he came on the screen in the movie twice...my eyes rained.
    matthewski

Well done SY ... it never ceases to Amaze me just how big, and how far Jacks family reaches! Each week when i hike, I tap a white blaze in honor of Jack... It's going to be a big honor, and alot of fun running "JACK'S PLACE" in Franklin.. this coming spring... I'll have to see what we can put up there in him memory... HAPPIEST of HOLIDAYS to all of JACK'S Family... to all of us
    "Reach Farther" ~ SOLACE

While I never met him, I met people this past summer who had many fond memories ... what a blessing that his legacy goes on!

i just listened to Pox & Puss's podcast with him that spanned two episodes. i highly recommend you to scope them out. episodes # 16 part 1 & 16 part 2. pretty epic episodes. the trail community lost an integral character.

Journal Entries
    Images

RIP Baltimore Jack - The first AT Thru-Hiker season without him is upon us. May he rest in peace and may you all be safe out there on the trail. - Photo Credit: Filipe DeAndrade

"Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

second season

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    second season
    I talked with him for several hours last season in Franklin where he was helping out Ron Haven. In fact, he's the guy who told me to join this forum and keep in touch. I joined on 5/10/16 a few days after he passed away.
    "Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

Jack steered alot of hikers to good sites, and told them how to research & contribute, ect... as much as Jack had his opinion (on anything & everything lol) he was quick to help any and all hikers better themselves in any way... Jack & I had a great season in Franklin last year.. its going to be so much more quiet, without him this spring... glad you met him Rush!
    "Reach Farther" ~ SOLACE

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
++ New Posts ++