WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by daddytwosticks View Post
    Agree. Poor manners.
    If he sent the package before going on vacation, it is somewhat understandable. But still, would have been more proper to send a heads up.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Wow, all this over 3% PP fee, I've wiped my but with $3.50 before when no TP was to be found.
    Now wait a minute, $3.00 I can understand, or $4.00. But $3.50? What happened, after wiping you had some change left over?

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Now wait a minute, $3.00 I can understand, or $4.00. But $3.50? What happened, after wiping you had some change left over?
    The quarters were for digging.

Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    ABL strikes without discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Studlintsean View Post
    The quarters were for digging.
    Your statement makes no cents...

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OkeefenokeeJoe View Post
    Personally, I suspect it's a young millennial you're dealing with. For whatever reason, a majority of millennials, at least in my personal experience, have no freakin clue about ethical commerce (or capitalism for that matter). It's all about me me me ... getting something at someone else's expense, and having no regard toward ethics. I dealt with a 20-something year old eBay seller about a year ago. I made a purchase from him and went out of my way to send him funds immediately. One week went by, no response to my inquiries .... two weeks went by, no response .... three weeks went by, no response .... finally, toward the end of the forth week (just short of a full month later!), he responds to my emails and acknowledged that he had received my money but decided to go on an extended vacation before mailing my purchase to me. What a JERK!! Get this, though .... this grown-man-mama's-boy then wants to leave me negative feed back because I dared to point out to him his thoughtlessness and immaturity. "Him was so hurted by what I had to say" (spoken in my best baby-talk). I guess I violated his psychological safe space, or safe zone, or whatever the hell it is millennials run to when they are slapped in the face with truth and reality. I suspect you will eventually get your order, but only when mommy or daddy takes the time to package it, run it to the Post Office, and pay to have it mailed.

OkeefenokeeJoe
    I guess I've been lucky with my online forum and Facebook purchases. I actually had one experience where the item shipped wasn't exactly the item described (women's shoes instead of men's in the description) but it was promptly and tactfully resolved by the seller.

I have a couple items for sale right now, and if they're not paid for & shipped by next Saturday (when I go play out in the woods for a few weeks), my plan is to take down the listing and re-post when I come back. I don't know why that's such a hard concept for people to grasp.

As far as getting it packaged & mailed out, I just take whatever item to a Pack & Ship location, and let them deal with that. I'm always in & out within minutes.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Images

and like usual, all second hand info!
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Journal Entries
    Images

Wow, all this over 3% PP fee, I've wiped my but with $3.50 before when no TP was to be found.
    One can only imagine how rough those coins must have been...and I hope you didn't bury them!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Journal Entries
    Images

Has this matter been resolved yet.
    I am just curious.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JumpMaster Blaster View Post
    As far as getting it packaged & mailed out, I just take whatever item to a Pack & Ship location, and let them deal with that. I'm always in & out within minutes.
    If you do "Click 'n Ship" with the USPS, you never have to leave your house, except to walk to your own mailbox, that is.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    If you do "Click 'n Ship" with the USPS, you never have to leave your house, except to walk to your own mailbox, that is.
    If you do "Package Pickup" with the USPS, you can tell them the package is at the front door and not even walk to the mailbox.

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    There are too many internet lawyers on here.

OP: It has been 3 days and no contact. Regardless of the transaction, that is unsatisfactory.
    I agree for the most part but there are exceptions to every rule. I once sold a set of books on eBay for around $700 and the guy paid quickly via PayPal. Before I packaged the books for shipment or had communicated with the buyer, I was in a bad car accident and had to be airlifted 100 miles to a nearby city. I was in-and-out of it for 8 days. When I finally regained my senses, the first thing I thought about was the eBay transaction. My daughter was in the hospital room with me and I asked her to check my eBay messages on her iPad. Sure enough, there were over a dozen messages from the buyer wanting to know what was going on. My daughter replied for me and told the guy what was going on and that she would go to my house the next day, package the books, and ship them. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.
    There's no such thing as cold weather, only inappropriate clothing.

One could argue that is the best use of $3.50.

Though, what purpose did the two quarters serve?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Casey & Gina View Post
    One could argue that is the best use of $3.50.

Though, what purpose did the two quarters serve?
    As a matching pair of trowls, of course.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    As a matching pair of trowls, of course.
    exactly...think maracas on a particuly tenacious dingle berry...it never had a chance!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JumpMaster Blaster View Post
    I guess I've been lucky with my online forum and Facebook purchases. I actually had one experience where the item shipped wasn't exactly the item described (women's shoes instead of men's in the description) but it was promptly and tactfully resolved by the seller.

I have a couple items for sale right now, and if they're not paid for & shipped by next Saturday (when I go play out in the woods for a few weeks), my plan is to take down the listing and re-post when I come back. I don't know why that's such a hard concept for people to grasp.

I just did that with a pack I sold, and it cost me $53, but I was in and out within minutes! I don't know if the USPS is cheaper, but I learned never to sell a pack where I had to pay shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Namtrag View Post
    I just did that with a pack I sold, and it cost me $53, but I was in and out within minutes! I don't know if the USPS is cheaper, but I learned never to sell a pack where I had to pay shipping!
    What carrier did you use? Last year I sold a old model LL Bean White Mountain (a large, HEAVY pack) and it only cost me $15 to ship via USPS parcel post.
    There's no such thing as cold weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by coastwatcher42 View Post
    What carrier did you use? Last year I sold a old model LL Bean White Mountain (a large, HEAVY pack) and it only cost me $15 to ship via USPS parcel post.
    It was Fedex. I don't believe the USPS serves the Pak Mail, either that, or the clerk deliberately like to make me use Fedex and pay that rate!

Ouch on that shipping! Here is a great way to ship a pack...and is what zpacks uses to ship arc hauls/blasts, etc ->
    haul7.jpg

Just two normal priority boxes (not flat rate boxes) where one is half stuffed into the other and then the connection is taped over. Costs about $10 since the pack is so light.

Update. Pack received yesterday and was exactly as described. Very nice. Excellent packing job by the way.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++