WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default hiking June/July??

Hi,
    I'm interested in hiking toward the end of June or mid July. I can't really hike before June 17 and don't want to hike after July 24th. I'm a teacher and have a short summer this year. I'll be visiting my mom in Alabama most all the summer and can drive over to hike or fly somewhere if needed. Southern area may be best but I'm not ruling out something in the northern section. I have done many sections from Ga to Va up near Washington DC area. Looking for a female hiking companion. I'm thinking hiking for a week to 10 days. I live in Clearwater Florida and I'm 52 years young and in great shape as I am very active each day. Ready for summer!

I, too, am a teacher. My hike will begin June 15. I haven't decided whether I will begin at the NJ/NY border where I left off last year, or whether I should suck it up and go down to Springer and start from there. (I have completed just over 500 miles in the middle of that.)

PM me if you are interested!

I am looking at starting June 21 and hiking until June 25. I don't have a section picked out yet, but those are my tentative dates. I'm sorry to report that I am NOT a female though. lol.
    **Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.**

++ New Posts ++