WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bigcranky View Post
    I buy the merino stuff on sale -- yeah, it's still way more expensive than synthetics. But I just can't wear synthetics, after an hour on the trail they stink so bad you'd think a herd of thruhikers who haven't bathed in weeks was coming through, but it's just me. I can wear the same merino wool top for a week, 24/7, and it doesn't stink at all. Plus it's just more comfortable to wear, IMO.
    Definitely body chemistry is different. I've read that some people have a serious problem with polyester stink that just won't go away even after laundering. I'll just count myself lucky that it's not an issue for me and continue using my cheap polyester stuff!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    When I get a hole in mine I dab on a bit of barge cement/goop on the hole. It keeps it from unraveling and frequently if I catch it quick enough I can glue it shut.
    Is this something that can be purchased in small quantities?

At $64....for a T shirt!!!! It better be good! It's on backorder...try it and use the good old rei return policy if doesn't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Definitely body chemistry is different. I've read that some people have a serious problem with polyester stink that just won't go away even after laundering. I'll just count myself lucky that it's not an issue for me and continue using my cheap polyester stuff!
    I'm one of those. Once a drop of sweat hits the clothing it starts stinking for me and the smell doesn't wash out. Perhaps it's the brand or perhaps there isn't enough anti stink chemicals in it. I rather use a natural product. I think a blend of natural with a small percentage of synthetic for durability is perfect.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Chris
    [email protected]
    978-804-1131
    Shuttle services to/from Boston Logan or Manchester, NH airports to/from all points in MA, NH, VT, and ME.

Quote Originally Posted by TKE402 View Post
    I'm one of those. Once a drop of sweat hits the clothing it starts stinking for me and the smell doesn't wash out. Perhaps it's the brand or perhaps there isn't enough anti stink chemicals in it. I rather use a natural product. I think a blend of natural with a small percentage of synthetic for durability is perfect.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I also stink BAD in synthetics but I am disappointed with the wear and tear on the 100% merino stuff. I am only 250+ miles in on my thru hike and every 100% merino thing I have ( pants, L shirt, and t - shirt ) have one quarter size hole or more in them already.

I will wear them until they get embarrassing to wear any more but after that I think I am going to try a small blend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++