WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Skullcandy might offer the closest to what you are looking for. Many of their customers are skateboarders, snowboarders, and people who are generally moving and doing things while listening to their tunes.

Are you looking for more of a headphone that sits on top of the ear, or completely encloses the ear, or is that not really an issue as long as it isn't in your ear?

This article rates some of the best wireless headphones for 2016. What about the Jabra Move? That seems like it might be along the lines of what you are looking for. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406182,00.asp

I've been thru a dozen headphones over the years (for my little radio) and none of them last longer than about a year. They are disposable items. You just hope they don't die when you're out on a trip. Headphones are mandatory for long roadwalks as pumped in music blocks hateful traffic and motorcycle noise.

My dog preferred Sony, btw---

While I love listening to nature as much as the next hiker, sometimes it's nice to break up the tedium of a thru-hike with audiobooks (they don't call it the green tunnel for nothing). Sometimes I like the moral boost that some good tunes can bring, especially right before a decent uphill section. As for being unsafe, I never listen above a volume where I'm unable to hear other's conversation and I ALWAYS take my earbuds out when I meet others on the trail - that's just common courtesy!
    Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time -- Steven Wright

Images

Use them at night have a radiio function with my mp3 player helps me zone out and sleep seldom use them when hiking

After being stuck about a quarter mile downwind of some clown with a teeny bear bell that just about drove me nuts, earbuds are a part of the package for me. I put them on when in proximity to traffic and near people who don't seem to understand their voices carry on wind further than they would indoors. They can be a useful tool, and frankly rather pleasant to have at times.

I did find the bit of fond childhood memories and how families bond using bacon grease, chains, and trees was interesting, but not that appropriate for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    After being stuck about a quarter mile downwind of some clown with a teeny bear bell that just about drove me nuts, earbuds are a part of the package for me. I put them on when in proximity to traffic and near people who don't seem to understand their voices carry on wind further than they would indoors. They can be a useful tool, and frankly rather pleasant to have at times.
    I was camping on Wilburn Ridge in the Mt Rogers area a couple years ago and heard a couple guys go by on the AT using bear bells and it drove me nuts. I only hoped a bear would've been so pissed by the bells that he'd rip them off and destroy their gear.

And often I am camping in the Southeast mountains and under a constant jet flight traffic noise-pattern where headphones come in very handy just to maintain sanity.

I have Bose quiet comforts and they such.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++