WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mohican outdoor center - water

Hey all, doing a quick day hike tomorrow and passing by the MOC to finish off NJ, can someone tell me if the MOC has a well pump or water source? And would it be open in march?

Not counting on it and have aquamira but just curious as I may back off on what I carry initially if there's water mid hike.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

If it's open it has a functioning kitchen and water fountain. If it's not, you still have to cross a stream right in that same area (if I recall correctly.)
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Awesome, a stream is good enough. I dug more on the Internet and saw supposedly it opens in April, but I won't hold my breath for the kitchen.

Thanks!

Journal Entries
    Images

The visitor's center with the running water is open all year round. Bathrooms too. The kitchen is for their staff. There is running water outside during the summer and possibly spring months. I camped there with a group last week. (Camping at Mohican is for a fee. The bunk rooms are available too. There are a few nice tent sites close to Mohican road on the AT that are of course free if any one needs to know.)

Quote Originally Posted by mooney View Post
    Hey all, doing a quick day hike tomorrow and passing by the MOC to finish off NJ, can someone tell me if the MOC has a well pump or water source? And would it be open in march?

Not counting on it and have aquamira but just curious as I may back off on what I carry initially if there's water mid hike.
    Its open. It will be open tomorrow. Water all over the place up there.

Made the ~17 miles or so off the water I had. Was a great quick hike, tons of people on the trail, I wasn't expecting to see so many. I assume the MOC was open, didn't stop, as the goal was to knock out that section and get back home to the kiddos.

++ New Posts ++