WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Easy Mac in Bulk

image.jpg
    New, at least in my area, 6 Kraft Easy Mac packs without plastic bowls for $3 at Wally World. Great with bacon bits and freeze dried green beans.

I think this was actually the way it first started, if I remember correctly. It might be new to your area, but I seem to remember having it this way in college.

Where do you buy freeze dried green beans? I like to add broccoli to my mac&cheese but I've never tried green beans.

Quote Originally Posted by damskipi View Post
    I think this was actually the way it first started, if I remember correctly. It might be new to your area, but I seem to remember having it this way in college.

Where do you buy freeze dried green beans? I like to add broccoli to my mac&cheese but I've never tried green beans.
    REI usually sells freeze dried mixed veggies. I think they are call "Just Veggies". Great in ramen too. Tastes very good and adds variety to your meal.

Quote Originally Posted by damskipi View Post

i also found them at Wally World with the dried fruit next to the produce section -- Nature's Harvest brand. I think they are intended to be eaten as a snack, but they rehydrate beautifully with great texture and flavor. I am guessing the package would be equivalent to 1 lb. of fresh/frozen, weighs 4 oz. and retails for $4.

image.jpg
    Here is the package.

Thanks! I'll have to look at Walmart next time I go, there isn't an REI close by.

I too have seen dried veggies marketed as snack items in the dried fruit section of the grocery store (not wall mart)

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I too have seen dried veggies marketed as snack items in the dried fruit section of the grocery store (not wall mart)
    I have been pleasantly surprised by these, and the mixed veggies, too. I rehydrate them with bullion and minute-rice for a good soup base.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparky View Post
    I have been pleasantly surprised by these, and the mixed veggies, too. I rehydrate them with bullion and minute-rice for a good soup base.
    I will have to try these. Last year I used some mixed dried veggies to supplement meals. I found these at a Dutch import store. Made to be used in soups. Btw. Try using basmati rice. Cooks much faster than regular and much better than monute.

I have also seen freeze dried fruits and veggies in the baby food section. I think the idea is toddler finger-food snacks. Kind of expensive, but if you just want to try something out, you may have more luck finding these at your local store.

-FA

++ New Posts ++