WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sleep Position

Images

Quote Originally Posted by OneDoesNotSimplyWalk View Post
    Oh, I'm not sure where I heard it from, probably just vague impressions here and there. I just assumed that without compressing your ribs (and face for that matter) you'd be able to sleep more soundly.
    I think I get where you are coming from now and your thoughts do make sense. With the right sleeping pad it doesn't matter what position you sleep in.

I love my sleep pad (ExPed Synmat UL 7) and am out like a light (and tend to stay that way) as soon as I hit it. If you find you can't train yourself to sleep in a new position, try a different sleep pad that allows you to sleep however you want to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat View Post
    I think I get where you are coming from now and your thoughts do make sense. With the right sleeping pad it doesn't matter what position you sleep in.

I love my sleep pad (ExPed Synmat UL 7) and am out like a light (and tend to stay that way) as soon as I hit it. If you find you can't train yourself to sleep in a new position, try a different sleep pad that allows you to sleep however you want to sleep.
    I second this idea. I have had very unsettled sleep on ccf pads. My hips would hurt or my arms would go numb and I would toss and turn all night. When I finally slept on an inflatable I was out cold flat on my back all night. Seems to work well most nights for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by map man View Post
    People are much more prone to snoring when they sleep on their backs and others sleeping in your vicinity may prefer that you continue sleeping on your stomach. I'm a side sleeper myself.
    I also sleep on my side.....so that I do not scare the animals :-)

While warming up at first at night in my bag I'll often lay curled up a tiny bit on my side, but am by nature a stomach sleeper and when it's sleep time sprawl out flat like normal. Have slept on my back a couple of times to breathe easiest through the tiny hole I leave in the hood/body meet up of my mummy bag on the coldest of days... But yeah, stayed a stomach person!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++