WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Six Moon Designs 2015 Fusion 50

Anyone have experience with this pack?

http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/packs/Fusion50.html

I think most of those links are to reviews of the old model. As far as I know this is the only review of the 2015 model. Its the 65L but should give you some feedback on it. Doesn't seem to be much interest in them, I'm assuming the weight turned a lot of people off. http://hikelighter.com/2015/09/11/si...for-pre-order/

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I think most of those links are to reviews of the old model. As far as I know this is the only review of the 2015 model. Its the 65L but should give you some feedback on it. Doesn't seem to be much interest in them, I'm assuming the weight turned a lot of people off. http://hikelighter.com/2015/09/11/si...for-pre-order/
    For the on-sale price, plus the weight of the older version, that's what I'd be going with. I almost ordered one but I didn't really need it. My friend ordered one though...and if he doesn't like it, I'll buy it from him for half price...lol

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    For the on-sale price, plus the weight of the older version, that's what I'd be going with. I almost ordered one but I didn't really need it. My friend ordered one though...and if he doesn't like it, I'll buy it from him for half price...lol
    Agreed. I came really close to buying the old version of the 65L.

The new version has some updates that make this pack more attractive. I guess it came out recently because there isnt much info about it. So if anyone has experience or knows someone that does it would be aweome!

I

I havent seen one on the trail or heard anyone talk about them. But I have heard the suspension is unparalleled

I believe I have the only video review of the 2015 50L version:

Last edited by capehiker; 03-17-2016 at 07:13.

Journal Entries
    Images

I was looking at last years model as well,the black and green one that is on sale,im not sure if specs are the same on this one but the older model is only 40 liters internal and 50 liters total volume.
    I was still looking at this and if my mountaintop didnt hold up the way I wanted was in the market for a pack that was two pounds or under.

The old models were pretty undersized. Read somewhere that the new Fusion 50 is basically the same size as the old 65.

Thanks for your review capehiker. I'm still in the gear gathering phase and had been looking at the ULA Circuit because of the positive feedback I had read on these forums. I hadn't really considered the SMD Fusion 50 but your review of the suspension system has put this at the top of the list! That might be the better advantage for me despite it being a heavier pack than the Circuit.

Journal Entries
    Images

I just ordered the 2014 model that is on clearance from SMD so ill do A review after I field test it next week on an overnighter.
    I measured both the SMD fusion pack and my mountaintop 50 l pack and both of them are the same measurements.
    I only ordered this pack for the roll top closure and the larger mesh side pockets ...
    I like my mountaintop but this is around 4 ounces lighter and seems more geared for me.
    Ill pack it up with thru hike gear and let everyone know a review sometime next week.

Interested to see what you say about the suspension. Apparently its great.

I would still like to see more about the new fusion but I guess not many are on the trail yet. But the reviews Ive read and watched all seem positive.

Journal Entries
    Images

Interested to see what you say about the suspension. Apparently its great.

I would still like to see more about the new fusion but I guess not many are on the trail yet. But the reviews Ive read and watched all seem positive.
    That is another reason I ordered it is because I heard its one of the best.
    Also dont know if the new fusions will catch on because of there weight factor...

I picked up an older model SMG fusion 65 (wild flower colors) on sale. I've had it out a couple times so far and I really think it carries very well. I had a ULA Ohm, GG Gorilla, and GG Mariposa prior to this one. True, the fusion is a bit heavier, though I was willing to compromise for more comfortable load hauling. My base weight is about 14 pounds and the pack performs wonderfully, even better when I think about the price I picked it up for. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you picked one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries
    Images

Ok so I got my last years model of the fusion 50 in the mail today(the one on sale).
    I opened the package and must say this looks like A really nice pack thus far.
    I will be taking it on an overnighter in the next day so I can review it and let everyone know how it rides.
    As far as room in this pack it acctually looks like it has more room than my current pack I was using(mountaintop 50l).
    To my surprise because of the reviews I have read and what alot of people have said I do not see an issue myself with the size of it and think it will be fine for my 3 season thru hike pack.
    I bought this pack because of the price and to save a few ounces of weight as well as the designs of the pack seemed to fit me better than the mountaintop,which is a nice pack itself but not going to be ideal for my thru hike.
    Will post pictures and a video packed and on the trail in the next few days or so after my overnighter Wednesday.

image.jpeg

Side pockets are a little small. That's a one liter Hunersdorf in an insulted bottle boot. I keep it attached using a Carabiner. Pack rides prett well.

Journal Entries
    Images

Ok just got back from an over night 20 miler with this pack.
    It rides like A dream to me is all I can say,personally I love this pack and can tell A huge difference from my current pack(mountaintop 50l). which I like as well but this takes the cake for sure.
    I packed this pack A little heavier than normal just to see how it would ride and packed at 29lbs it handled very well.
    My pack will rarely be over 25lbs now that I have managed to get my weight down to A comfortable number ,and other than yes the side pockets being A tad small for some(which I had no problems with my smart water bottles and alcohol fuel bottles coming out) This pack is a real treat.
    I have read other reviews about it being undersized ,I packed this pack for A three season thru hike style that I would take on the AT and it held everything very well without using the extension collar,so im not sure what others were talking about as far as room I think there is plenty.

Images

I got the old 65 liter one last summer, and it's the most comfortable pack I have owned in my limited experience. I am considering picking up the old 50 liter one he still apparently has in stock, as I don't need all the room on some of my trips. I just wish the weight difference between the two were more than a mere 3 oz! 600_444264994.jpeg Here is a pic of me last fall, and it was so comfortable, I didn't even notice that I probably should have pulled the load lifters some more.lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++