Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Me! Pick me

Quote Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
    I have 4 email addresses at this point. 5 counting mine. That makes about half of those who have expressed serious interest so far. Looking forward to adding more names, and even more hikers..we still have lots of time before this hike starts!! I am glad you started this thread, doeontrail!!
    I would love to go! I'm not sure about scheduling, but would love to be updated with information. Thank you!

Pm sent MamaSmurf (maybe twice). Thanks for organizing us! For any one else thinking about transportation, I plan to get to Harpers early afternoon on the 30th and would be happy to pick up/give ride from Amtrak.

I have been watching this thread since it started, and believe I have it worked out to be able to join the group if possible. So how about two ladies from Florida joining you? One is experienced with hiking, the other is brand new.

Sweet...looks like an epic hike event is shaping up!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hi...I was just reading the thread postings. Have you all decided on end of July, first of August? I 'm a school teacher and can hike best Mid June to end of June but can do July too...however school starts back Aug 1 so I need time to get back to into work mode. Boo! Anyway...if anyone else on this thread wants to make some plans to hike this summer, let me know. I have section hiked from Ga to Virginia many years ago and would be happy to hop on the trail most anywhere.
    Gotta make arrangements for my dog before I can finalize plans to hike. I'm in Florida.

The more the merrier!! The trail is large, there's room for all of us. I am maintaining an email list of interested parties. if you'd like to be included, shoot me a PM with your email addy, and I'll add you to the list!

And yes, I believe we are pretty well set on the first week in August. Sure wish I could go back and add to a post instead of posting again!! Guess that'll teach me to post with our reading all the responses first!

I think I might be getting way too ready to get hiking...I have packed by backpack twice now!!!

Hi -- I'm also watching this thread and hoping travel and timing might work for me to join in, too. I'm an experienced backpacker (Colorado and AT sections in GA, NC, and TN). Don't know much about any of you from reading through these posts, but if you're "well seasoned in life" and game for an AT adventure, I like you right away! ; ) Tailwind

Images

Hi everyone, lurking also I think I can make these dates work. MamaSmurf I sent you an email requesting I be added to the email chain. I'm an experienced backpacker, albeit a slow one. I've completed about 400 miles of the AT. I backpack in the Red River Gorge in KY on a regular basis and have recently started using rails to trails. I usually lead all women groups on these adventures and have converted several tent dwellers in to tree dwellers, welcome to the land of the Ewoks Thanks for putting this together and look forward to meeting everyone on the trail.

Hey Ladies! Wondering if one of you that is driving into Harper's Ferry would be willing to pick up a couple of small canisters of isobutene fuel, would reimburse immediately, as we are flying in and cannot take any on the plane. From what I can see, the Outfitter does not open until 10 AM, and we definitely would like to be on the trail before then. Thanks.

I can pick it up for you...Wal-Mart carry it? I have never used it so you will have to tell me where to get it. I have a wood/alchy/solid tab stove.

Hey Dink - That would be super. Thank you so much! Wal-Mart should have it, or any other sporting good/outdoor store.

I'll just pick it up when I get my other supplies and stuff it in my pack...easy as can be!!

Email list is still adding names. Shoot me a PM if you want to be included on the list.

MamaSmurf

Images

Hey Jebo, I just noticed you are from Versailles. I am in Lexington. Would you be interested in driving and I will pay for the gas? Seems silly to take 2 cars

Car pool sounds good Scooterdogma. Maybe we can catch up for a Gorge hike before then.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jebo View Post
    Car pool sounds good Scooterdogma. Maybe we can catch up for a Gorge hike before then.
    Or an overnighter, have you done the Indian Staircase bypass trail? One of my favorites for an overnighter, watch the sunrise from the top of Indian Staircase. We can usually get water at Counsel Bluffs. Let me know, thanks, Robin

I'm interested in joining you. I'm a newbie to backpacking but have done a lot of camping and hiking. Sounds great - will send a email.

So far it sounds like we are going to have 17 ladies on the trail...epic trip indeed!!! Happy Mother's day to all the moms of 2 legged and 4 legged kids out there!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++