WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

My name is not important.
    Why i am here is not important.
    the facts are, i have a name, and i am here.
    Today is a day, that could live in infamy.
    Or not.
    Max and i could easily end up at the doyel hotel in beautyfull duncannon pennsylvania.
    or not.
    The art patrons who came yesterday for their second time picked out more pictures they want. But they only took more photos and went home to measure and make their decisions.
    So ive had a talk with my god.
    We talked about how much i want max to see the town i ran away to at 14 years old in 1975.
    I want my only begotten son to get a hug from two special older hippies named miss vickey and pat.
    I want him to meet tater and john.
    I want him to see the wonderfull gallery of artworks of mine that trailangelmary displays in her home.
    My god said he was busy with hillery today and maby he would find time to send us to my beloved home in the mountains.
    he prommised to at least try.

The doyel sings its sweet song in my ears..." matty come home".
    But evil lurks here in filthadelphia.
    Embrace me old building.
    Show me your quiet.
    Lend me your sound sleep.
    Be my morning sun.
    Oh duncannon....
    You had me at a young age.
    I am yours forever.

Ever eat a picinic table?
    Euell gibbins once asked that in a grape nuts commercial.
    As a fundraiser, i propose to eat the doyel's picinic table.
    Bit by ground down bit.
    I figure i can eat a pound of sawdust per day with no ill effects.( guessing)
    Between may first and august 1 st i will consume the table and the two benches.
    And as a bonus if the goal of a million dollars is reached, ill throw in eating the kitchen screen door.( wood only)
    Its old and should chew easy.

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    Ever eat a picinic table?
    Euell gibbins once asked that in a grape nuts commercial.
    As a fundraiser, i propose to eat the doyel's picinic table.
    Bit by ground down bit.
    I figure i can eat a pound of sawdust per day with no ill effects.( guessing)
    Between may first and august 1 st i will consume the table and the two benches.
    And as a bonus if the goal of a million dollars is reached, ill throw in eating the kitchen screen door.( wood only)
    Its old and should chew easy.
    Bruno dive 100 feet in to damp sponge!

When every single dingle thing i ever forsaw and predicted and modled comes tru, no one will remember my fanatical yelling out about it.
    They never do.
    At 10 i ran around the beach preaching the sun was burnning us and no longer just tanning our skin.
    They laughed. I asked emphaticly how they couldnt notice the dieback of the forrests.
    I proclaimed to any who crossed my path, that the system was broken. Both enviromentaly and spiritualy.
    I suggested and pleeded for folks to give up schooling and silly persuits of buisness and industry and to imediatly get into survival mode for what i saw in detail was to come.
    This led me to never vote, drive or be a student.
    I chose to practice foraging and survival and became a trasher and a volenteer cause service to others was my healing.
    Now, its all come to fruition. Everyone is scrambeling for the last resourses. The doyel will be a stronghold. And places like it. In the paradime to come shortly, only real skill will count and counters of paper money will be at a loss.
    We must make towns like duncannon bloom with self suficency.
    Many places must transform to fit the future of struggles comming.
    Our duncannon can be the modle.
    right down to restoring the howlitzer outfront 0post 340 of the american leigon for use as a hunting devise. Each day, we will fire it to scare up grouse and birds to catch.

The doyel is jumpin and bag of tricks is showin hiker movies. Trailangelmary is on her game bigtime and the matthewski unit may be there next!
    But prolly not.
    But maby.
    Eventualy for sure.
    Gabeesh?

Matthewski report.
    The battle goes poorly.
    Sold only a single picture and only at cost.
    Today, oats and sardeens will fuel a new and forge a head.
    Rent and bills loom like raptors.
    An erie sound what is mine tummy.
    but these be hiker.
    No complaints.
    Embraceing brutalitys nutsac.
    We march on.
    The doyelmust be reached.
    The argo must refuel.
    Today, artworld must loose a limb.
    My sword a crayon.
    My word a god.
    Beware saten.
    This ones awake.

The decision to save the doyel hotel has been rendered.
    Matthewski has been chosen to make a series of extreemly sensitive vidios to post on youtube.
    The choice to sacrifice a single hiker to save such an iconic symbol of americas hiking love was difficult.
    i will be strapped naked to the flagpole atop the hotel to raise awareness about springer feaver .
    I will only be carried down when im hypothermic and with a core temp of no greater than 87.
    I will be monitored by a doctor and fire resque and will have permmisions.
    My goals will be twofold. Number one to raise awareness of the horrid effects springer feaver has on the hiking populace and two, to bring dollars to duncannon citywide and turn the town into an ," occupie the dream" event.
    A hardwired headset will allow me to disertate from my pole atop my perch thru speakers to the masses below.
    A jumbotron will show my suffering up close and in color but only from the navel up.

The event will last 3 days and nights and be dubbed," CRUELADICTION".
    The revenues from the live youtube stream will endow the towns redevelopment and be the series opener for a weekly hikerstunt show.
    The second show focuses on all the hiker games i am solely responsible for introducing .
    From," who can climb the smallest tree," to the all time fav," flying your tent with a kite".
    Included featured games:
    Sleeping bag hatmakeing
    Bobenapping
    Pancake frisbee
    Beer grotto grabber construction
    Tree galleries
    Man made structure break
    Speed drinking
    Trail gremlining
    Licorice hairball construction
    and many more matty antics.

I'll cut off a tow for 100 dallors...3 for 5 and I'll throh in a pair of Injiin tow socks (as i won't be needin' 'em no more) all proseeds for the Doyle.

Wow. I cannot believe the positively viciousness and ugliness of some of the recent posts. So let's try it again: The proprietors of the Doyle are absolutely wonderful people who have performed countless acts of kindness for thousands of hikers, including cutting people slack on their rooms, providing work-for-stays when they really didn't need the help, etc. I daresay they've done a helluva lot more for the A.T. community over the years than have the nasty mean-spirited people sniping at them over the room decor, or the owners' business acumen, or whatever. If you want to help out here, that's great! If you don't, well that's fine, too, but please keep the ugliness and negativity to yourself, it doesn't belong here. These posts reflect much more poorly on the folks who feel the need to post them than they do on their intended target. Lots of people over the years have commented on how downright mean and ugly this website can be sometimes. There are all too many posts on this thread who prove these comments correct, and some recent posters should be positively ashamed of themselves. So please, folks, let's try and upgrade this thread, it could use it.

How recent we talkin' here?

Baltimore jack just said what i was thinking but couldnt spell.
    The snip is quite out of place.

Well I'd tell a best "snipe snipe snipe" joke, but don't think y'all find it funny either...oh brother.

Bruno may snipe. He is one of our own . Jack ment the idiot who said i should go volenteer to help the doyel instead of just talking the talk.
    everyone and there mother knows i never volenteer but rather , mooch my way down trails.
    And, i was flagged from the doyel after stealing all sorts of supplys and for climbing up the fire escape and sleeping in rooms free and for generally bein a dick to the owners and i grafittied their car . Alot.
    But then i went to jail for it all and paid my debt to duncanno.
    Last week when i got released from jail, i vowed to bring the town to its knees rambo style but opted for just squatting their dump.
    So now i live off them and mooch alot and they accept it.

Every year i do a teeny weeny work project at the doyel. Just to try and get laid basicly.
    Never works but i look good fakeing being a volenteer.
    Once i fake screened 33 windows with fake screening and a fake staple gun.
    Another time i fake linolium floored the two bathrooms.
    And also i fake painted 7 rooms, opened two that were non functional , rehung windows, painted the entrance, vestibule, bothe bathrooms upstairs, installed a new kitchen sink spiggot two different times, bought bath rugs, washcloths and food stuffs, installed four smoke alarms, rebuilt the sink fawcett cold water, rebuilt the kitchen drain, cleaned the stairwell 12 times,rebuilt the window in24, mucked the roof, took out trash 100 times, replaced the urinal flusher, made 30 into a changing room, demoed curtys furniture and bed to the trash when he died and restored his room and one thousand other jobs over 40 years.
    but all fake.
    Just tryin to find a chick.
    Never worked so far.
    But hey, the doyel needs its walkin cooler rebuilt.......
    Anything could happen

Matthewski's dream woman.
    By mat.
    My dream woman is only intrested in a man whos addiction and fun is being of servise to others.
    Who understands his first love is his son and his misstress is the doyel hotel and his conqubine , room 23.
    This woman also would only ever be able to have any fun at all being of service to others.
    And she would be filthy rich.
    And slightly short.
    And she would want a man who is good at fixing stuff and who is a bible freak.
    Her man would have to like weird crap and he would have to do alot of dreaming.
    She would be smart and super educated and only ever eat onions. Ever.
    This is why im alone.

Fourm a corpation, it's done all the time. Get 50 people to put up some dough and buy the jernt, you could stay in room 237for a couple years just rodeoian the coupins.

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    hmmm gabba gabba hey!...
    this is your brain on drugs...

what's the latest on this, did they make it? seems they did - here's Portage's trail journal who went through there just a couple days ago.

gotta warn ya, not very favorable... http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=532399

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
++ New Posts ++