WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by katyk View Post
    I'm leaving the 24th as well. Are you staying anywhere the night before? I'm flying in to Atlanta the 23rd. I'm a new section hiker.
    I'm planning on being dropped off at the visitors center after driving up from Tally. Not sure if I want to pay for a night at the Hike Inn which the driver wants to do. I will hike up to springer and camp up there somewhere, so I can get right onto the AT on the 24th.

For your situation, I would recommend taking a train up to Gainesville, then find a shuttle to either a hostel or Amicalola.
    AT '16: 1,378 miles GA-NY

trail journal
    // blog

I'm really excited to greet all of you starting at Amicalola Falls State park. I'll be there to help you get registered, offer you a free pack shakedown if you want one, and get you pumped up and ready for the journey ahead! Having just completed my flip-flop thru-hike this past December, I'm your biggest cheerleader at the start! I'm on site everyday except Tuesday and Wednesday. Be ready for the mental challenge of a lifetime! ~Clarity

http://appalachiantrailclarity.com/at-for-newbies/
    Great blog site for new and/or female hikers! www.appalachiantrailclarity.com

I'm getting back on the Trail in a few days after an early injury (fingers crossed only major one), so I'll be near the beginning in April.

Had to push my start date up to April 22nd, due to a few different financial things, ect I had to wrap up first.

I don't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++