WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default New Osprey LT Hydration System coming

2.5 LITER HYDRAULICS™ LT RESERVOIRCOMING SPRING 2016 - HYDRATION

Osprey’s Hydraulics™ LT 2.5L Reservoir by Hydrapak® is made for light and fast activities where weight and balance are critical. Twin-welded chevron baffles stabilize the water and maintain a flat profile. The streamlined design allows for easy loading into internal hydration sleeves. Thoughtful design makes filling, cleaning and most importantly staying hydrated on the trail easier than ever.

Looks like a new manufacturer and a slide lock system instead of the leaky screw cap.

BPA free?
    Made in ????
    Weight?

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries

SPECS

METRIC U.S.
    VOLUME DIMENSIONS WEIGHT
    O/S 85 IN3 / 2.5 L 14H X 8W X 2D IN. 0.37 LBS.

FABRIC
    MAINMetallocene PE FilmACCENTMetallocene PE FilmBOTTOMMetallocene PE Film

Journal Entries

Osprey’s Hydraulics™ LT 2.5L Reservoir by Hydrapak® is made for light and fast activities where weight and balance are critical. Twin-welded chevron baffles stabilize the water and maintain a flat profile. The streamlined design allows for easy loading into internal hydration sleeves. Thoughtful design makes filling, cleaning and most importantly staying hydrated on the trail easier than ever.
    Be the First to Write a Review

$30.00

Hydrapak is not a new bladder manufacturer. They've been around for several years at least, and make hydro systems for themselves, and sell to gear manufacturers for OEM use. I bought a Dakine pack with one of their 100oz bladders several years ago. It is lighter than a Camelbak 100oz bladder by 2oz. The slide top is nice for easy cleaning and filling. However, after a few months of use, the stock bite valve developed a steady drip. Not sure how this bladder is different than the one I have....aside from the twin chevron baffles, it looks very similar.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Quote Originally Posted by WillisLax View Post

Looks like a new manufacturer and a slide lock system instead of the leaky screw cap.
    These folks have been around a while. I can see a use for this it in some activities, though not for me personally. As an aside, I have not had a problem with an Osprey bladder cap leaking. I have seen people not pay attention to putting the screw cap on, allowing it to cross thread and not completely seat against the seal, however thats a user issue, not a maker issue.

My nathan bladder has the slide top it's great for cleaning and drying. You can turn the thing inside out to clean it thoroughly and dry it. Makes for fast convenient filling too.

I have the older version with the solid back, 3l. Used for GCNP treks, never had a leak at the cap, but weighted 11 oz, so it usually lays in the gear closet.

Using an aquarium air pump to dry out bladders, bottles, etc is pretty effective

++ New Posts ++