WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best pop tarts?

Cookie Dough!! Anyone who says otherwise is lying (2nd place is brown sugar cinnamon or s'mores).
    Ryan "RyNO" Johnson
    NOBO 2016
    February 27th - July 1st
    www.youtube.com/RyanJohnsonAT2016

Do they make a pop tart that does not have the extra sugar coating on the top?

My daughter eat frosted strawberry PTs.
    I have not eaten one in more than 30 years.

Strawberry pop tarts with icing are my favorite. They would get so broken up, I would just mix them in with my oatmeal when I decided to cook in the mornings. Just got my power turned back on this morning. Everyone to the east of Texas better watch out for the BAD storm that is working its way East. 1\2 inch hail and tornados with 60mph winds hit us late Monday night.

Images

Chocolate fudge is my current favorite! Cherry a close second. Really depends on whether I need to eat fruit. But variety is the key after more than a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    Pop tarts are a gateway food to sugar addiction. I tried them different varieties a few years ago and they all have a lingering chemical taste, in my opinion, followed by a huge sugar rush that lasts an hour or two and then leaves you craving more. (Ditto for Little Debbies pies.) I will eat them if I am desperate, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    The best pop tart flavor is the one that's in my hand. We upped their game recently by adding cream cheese between two tarts to make one big fat pop cream or cheese tart
    Haaa I don't like cream cheese but you got me thinking!!!! Strawberry iced w Justin's almond butter between!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    You can buy a plastic pop tart holder in most grocery stores that will keep your pop tarts intact while in your pack. It holds a 2 pack of pop tarts. My favorites are strawberry iced, brown sugar cinnamon iced and blueberry iced.
    The day I buy a holster for a pop tart!!!! Cuben fiber???

Images

Used to be BSC.

Now: http://www.belvitabreakfast.com/

Started reading through the propaganda, uh.........., I mean articles. Seems to be a tad more nutritious. I like 'em because they don't crush and are smaller with the same caloric footprint, etc.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

1 Madonna
    2 Lady Gaga
    3 Katy Perry
    The older I get, the faster I hiked.

Unfrosted Cherry!

Damn this is a hot topic....I just bought 3 boxes at Wally World.. I can't bring my arse to eat any till I'm burning some serious calories...I bought smores, cinnamon brown sugar and frosted strawberry...now I just need some Justin's maple almond butter to top them off.

Thx for all the great input!!!!!

Images

Default Best pop tarts?

Sugar Cookie! (limited edition around the holidays). Then Raspberry or Cherry frosted. S'mores holds up *best* in the pack. Chocolate frosted is always good. Oreo one is disappointing.

As I recall the the cinnamon brown sugar variant held 10 more calories than any other flavor. I easily ate my body weight in pop tarts over the course of my thru, my favorites were strawberry and blue berry.

One thing interesting I learned was that the plain pop tarts (no frosting) were vegan approved. Also for anyone who found themselves running a cycle of doxycycline for Lyme disease the unfrosted pop tarts have no dairy so you can mix the two for breakfast or dinner when you take your meds...

Pop tarts blow, little debbie cinnamon rolls rule, they make a great pillow to, and you can crush the stuffin out of 'em, they take a lickin' & keep on tickin'

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Pop tarts blow, little debbie cinnamon rolls rule, they make a great pillow to, and you can crush the stuffin out of 'em, they take a lickin' & keep on tickin'
    This is turning into a nutritional nightmare....
    If only I could pack calorie dense ice cream for breakfast!! Maybe a growler of my favorite ipa for desert!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I've never really eaten many pop tarts but wanting to try on my sup expedition race in a few weeks...love oatmeal but paddling 45-60 mpd I don't want to cook or clean breakfast....good variety from the staple of cliff bars, protein bars, gorp and jerky.......

You can cook instant oatmeal in the packet. The only real time involved is the boiling of the water.
    Time is but the stream I go afishin' in.
    Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by perdidochas View Post
    You can cook instant oatmeal in the packet. The only real time involved is the boiling of the water.
    Yea but not nearly as convenient as I'm only heating water at night for my hawk vittles meal and will make my mocha then also...love my hydro flask.......keeps hot coffee over 12 hours...too heavy for backpacking but perfect for paddling.

Yup, so true. When I returned from the Little Debbies hike, I craved sugar for about 3 weeks. I was pretty surprised, but I didn't give in, since I realized what was happening. It's not a big deal to eat this sort of thing while hiking, but scary when you think that sugary stuff is such a big part of the typical American diet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++