WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hilleberg Akto Tent - Like New

Folks:

I have a very slightly used Hilleberg Akto Tent. I used the tent for about ten to fifteen days when starting out down in Springer as a section hiker. It is in like new condition. There aren't even any signs of dirt on the bottom of the tent and I don't think it even saw a drop of rain.

This is a great rough weather tent. The best part is it is spacious inside for one and can be set up with the fly attached.

The picture below is of the current model, mine looks identical except it is red and yellow. Let me say that again - my tent is red and yellow.

They sell for about $530 new. I'm thinking $340 plus shipping via PayPal. USA sales only.

PM or call Greg 717-215-9394 Eastern Time.

Good hiking.

Last edited by Norway11; 02-28-2016 at 18:32.

Here's a more accurate reflection of the color of yours:

Full details are here: http://us.hilleberg.com/EN/products/.../akto/akto.php

Hilleberg tents are awesome, totally changed my perspective of what a tent can and should be. The Atko is a small solo tent but is will handle any conditions you throw at it, be it heavy snowfall or intense winds. The double-wall design will also be a lot more enjoyable in calmer weather where condensation is a problem than a single-wall. If I wanted a solo tent - whether I wanted one tent for all seasons, or one specifically for the winter - this would be it. The Enan is a lighter-weight 3-season version of this tent, but as one who owns both (larger) 3-season and 4-season Hilleberg tents, the 4-season versions are significantly stronger and more durable. Another thing that's great about Hilleberg - the inner tent attaches to the outer tent, so you can pitch both together. If it's rainy, you can take down the inner tent and pack it up dry and separately, while inside of the outer tent before opening the door. Then you can pitch the outer tent alone, and then put your still clean and dry inner tent inside, again in and out of the rain with the door closed if necessary. This is a huge difference from other brands of double-wall tents. If you opt to use a footprint, that attaches to the outer tent as well, and the whole thing can be pitched at once.

Good luck with the sale!

I PMd you greg
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Can you post pictures of YOUR tent?

I'll try this weekend as I'm traveling right now.

Pictures should be inserted. The tent looks new. No dirt on stakes and the bottom of the tent shows no sign of wear or dirt. It looks new.

My pictures do not want to upload, copy, or drag, but I can email them to someone who is interested.
    Last edited by Norway11; 02-21-2016 at 10:02.

bounce to top.

I am no longer interested due to no pictures posted

send me a PM and I will email you pictures. My picture files are in RAW so they are to big to post on Whiteblaze. Alternatively I have a picture of the tent on ebay.

Is this your tent?

It is a simple enough matter to convert your images to JPEG and/or resize them to smaller dimensions...

Still available?

I will offer 300 with shipping included to 05201.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++