WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Weather in early April

What is typical weather in early April around Neel Gap to about Unicoi Gap? I usually do my hiking in the fall but this year we are planning an early April section hike. I did go last year from Springer to Woody Gap in late April and the weather was nice, it got cool at night but not cold.

Probably beautiful, but I am biased. It did Unicoi to Dicks Creek on Jan 9 and even though it was cold and rainy it was still beautiful. I am doing Springer to Woody, this weekend and it will be even colder but sunny and beautiful. (I am not camping, too cold for me)

With that said, April will probably be wet, but still beautiful.

Should have pretty good weather. Your highest elevations should be around 3,800 to 4,000 ft. Temperatures in the lower elevations maybe low 60s to low 40s, sometimes below freezing. Higher elevations maybe mid 50s to 30s. By mid-April the weather is usually milder. Below freezing temperatures at night are uncommon in the lower elevations but still occur higher up. April averages over four inches of rain, usually in the form of afternoon showers.

++ New Posts ++