WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle from Athens, GA to Springer

My friend and I are looking for any way to get from Athens to Springer. We'll be arriving in Athens around Feb. 19. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Might call Ron Brown, he goes from Atlanta to Fontana, might do a side trip to Athens not sure. His number can be found with atc shuttle directory
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Images

You could try uberX/uberXL. https://www.uber.com/ride $73 to $155 per uber fare estimator. Up to four passengers. I'd bet more on the $155 (plus tip). Downside is no guarantee of a driver responding to take a 80+ mile "deadhead" (no return customer) fare. Any fare under $200 ($100pp) would be a real bargain, IMO.

You could go Greyhound, Athens to Gainesville (via Atlanta), and then taxi or uber to Amicalola Falls State Park Lodge. But you are still some 40 miles away from Amicalola Falls once in Gainesville. You'll still need a shuttle or uber ride from there.

Given the price of shuttle/cab rates and timing of buses, If I were you, I'd try

1) Call the Hiker Hostel and see if in combination with the "special" they could shuttle you from Athens for an additional fee.

2) Get an uberX/XL ride ($38 - 81) to Gainesville (more likely than all the way to AFSP) and then opt to do the Hiker Hostel special ($85 pp) which includes shuttle from Gainesville, bunk room lodging, breakfast, shuttle to trail head in morning http://hikerhostel.com/lodging/thru-hiker-special/
    Last edited by 4eyedbuzzard; 02-06-2016 at 14:28.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

++ New Posts ++