WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Chicago Area Meetups for AT Hikers 2016 & Beyond

Planning to hike parts of the AT in the future and want to connect with Chicago area hikers to pick a section to hike, learn more about food, shelter, water or find someone to hike your section with? We have a new Meetup group that is hosting two upcoming meetings (Feb 11th at REI Lincoln Park (Chicago) and March 24th at REI Oakbrook, Illinois) At these meetings, two hikers will share their experiences/photos on their Section Hikes of the AT (The White Mountains in New Hampshire/Maine) & Connecticut thru the Shenandoah's in Virginia) and will be available for Q&A. You will also have a chance to meet other hikers who are planning section/thru hikes this year or next and share thoughts on timing, distance, hiking together, shared transportation, etc. Go to http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Hiking...lachian-Trail/ for details/questions/suggestions.
    Last edited by weddingwalker; 02-06-2016 at 11:14.

Very cool-congrats on getting these meetings up and running in the Chicagoland area!!!!
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Thanks Double D - we had appx 20 attendees at our Lincoln Park Meet Up and have 17 so far for the one in Oak Park on March 24th - join us if you can!

++ New Posts ++