WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    *Lastly, and this goes out to the people who annually complain about Trail magic and Hiker Feeds: It's really simple. I don't
    know where you're from, but in Boston, I was taught that if someone offered you something you weren't interested in, you looked
    at them, smiled, and said "No thank you!" and then went about your business. Receiving and enjoying kindness from strangers
    is entirely voluntarily, nobody's being forced to eat a burger or drink a can of soda. Trail magic, done responsibly, can be a
    wonderful thing for those who wish to take part in it. Those not interested can simply keep walking. Nor really that complicated,
    eh?
    In Boston, I was taught not to stand in doorways and chat, don't ever block the waitress stand at the bar, don't go through a yellow light if you can't clear the intersection and don't stroll three abreast and block the sidewalk. Also, the car with the nicer paint goes last, but that's not really applicable in this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    Also, the car with the nicer paint goes last, but that's not really applicable in this conversation.
    When I was driving around Boston in an old, beat up Furry III, I would dare the BMW's to try and go first
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    When I was driving around Boston in an old, beat up Furry III, I would dare the BMW's to try and go first
    Now THAT was a great car!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
++ New Posts ++