WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone from 08' still visit once in awhile?

I was reminiscing about the 08' season and was wondering who still checks in from that hiker year?

Guess not many. I did GA to ME March 12 - August 6, 2008. Now I'm a boring accountant fantasizing about the next adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Railroad King View Post
    Guess not many. I did GA to ME March 12 - August 6, 2008. Now I'm a boring accountant fantasizing about the next adventure.
    I just checked in today Lol. I sectioned Springer to Erwin march 12- April somethin or other. Intended a thru but life had other plans. Now Im getting ready to take a much needed break from carpentry biz and spend the end of summer - fall doing my 3rd section Pearsisburg through pine grove furnace, and hopefully through NJ. I often wonder what happened with the many people Ive met along the way. I sure we all do.

Garlic
    Images

Yep, I'm still around this cyber-AT. After the AT I moved to AZ for a while, thru-hiked the AZT in '09, and got involved in trail construction. I helped finish the AZT in 2012. I also hiked the PNT and WT in '09. I re-hiked the CT last year. I thru-biked the Northern Tier route (4500 miles) in 2012.

Pickle and I hiked the AT, started April 4 and finished July 19 (106 days). We hiked through most of the pack and didn't linger too long anywhere.

Next month I'm going hiking with Pickle in the Canadian Rockies for ten days.

I met an AT'08 hiker (Dirty Harry) on the AZT--small world.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

I remember seeing Dirty Harry's entries in some shelter journals. Railroad King...I know how you feel. Garlic is living the dream.

Images

Hey there Turtle! I started late March 08 after graduating from Massage School.

I had met ( via a good friend, Anna Hutmaker) another lady looking for a hiking partner. She had just retierd from nursing. An amazing women who kept me on my toes laughing a lot. A great friend even after the trail.

I had hiked previously in 99 with 3 guys...one was my boyfriend WHITE PINE and the other 2...Joker Wild and Chris Craft.

im currently looking for a hike partner for this year or next
    ~EVERYTHING YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FEAR~

++ New Posts ++