WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Talking NEW VIDEO - Walking North - With The World's Greatest Hiker - Part 7 (HD)

This is the next episode of my Long Trail hike documentary.

On this trip I am fortunate to share the trail with Dutch, from dutchwaregear.com. During the spring and summer of 2015 Dutch and I got to know one another (from many an order I placed) and we decided it would be fun to spend some time on the Long Trail together. We take off on what was meant to be a 4 day, 5 night 57 mile adventure. By mid-day on day 2 I injured my knee and we ended up deciding to come off trail. Join along on this hike as we climb up, down, over and around many an obstacle.

Thanks for watching,

Rob

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Once again, awesome video!

Great video! I have been looking forward to your next installment, wondering if you were able to complete the trail. Makes me want to hike that section again. I hiked SOBO, and it rained, nonstop, from Cowles Cove Shelter to Cooley Glen, so no views whatsoever on the Ridge between Ellen and Abraham.

Funny the different perspective hiking SOBO. Once I got south of App Gap, I was thrilled that the terrain was so much less rugged than north of the Gap. Even in the rain it seemed a welcome reprieve.

Quote Originally Posted by eblanche View Post
    Once again, awesome video!
    Thanks. Dutch was a fun guy to hike with. He has a ton of trail stories from his AT thru.

Quote Originally Posted by hepatica View Post
    Great video! I have been looking forward to your next installment, wondering if you were able to complete the trail. Makes me want to hike that section again. I hiked SOBO, and it rained, nonstop, from Cowles Cove Shelter to Cooley Glen, so no views whatsoever on the Ridge between Ellen and Abraham.

Funny the different perspective hiking SOBO. Once I got south of App Gap, I was thrilled that the terrain was so much less rugged than north of the Gap. Even in the rain it seemed a welcome reprieve.
    Nice, thanks. It surely is a different perspective. I have about 80 miles left, I hope to get it done Memorial week. That would make it one year from when I first hit the trail. Thanks for watching along and I hope it brings back a few good memories.
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Watched the whole series and hope to see the end soon!!!! Looks like an awesome hike. I'm planning to end to end in August of 2017! Love the videos and your channel, keep em coming!

++ New Posts ++