WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Zpacks Cuben Fiber stuff sacks??

I just received my order of stuff sacks from Zpacks and none of them measure to the dimensions on their website. I emailed them but was wondering if anyone else has experienced the issue. First time with cuben fiber and seems like a great product just not sure why the discrepancy.

How far off are they? I think they are measured flat, so opening them up will be a different size.

Hum, I just measured 2 Roll Top Blast Food Bags that I got for Christmas, specs are 16"x20" and I measure 15.5"x18". The 15.5" is no be deal, but 2" short is a lot.

I am going to email them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosh View Post
    Hum, I just measured 2 Roll Top Blast Food Bags that I got for Christmas, specs are 16"x20" and I measure 15.5"x18". The 15.5" is no be deal, but 2" short is a lot.

I am going to email them.
    You can sell yours as a premium custom size, that weighs a few grams less.

Mine is 15.5 by 19.5, which works for me, as I was happy that it came in underweight. It's still plenty big for as much food/trash as I ever plan on carrying. I can see this being more of an annoyance if you measured to fit one specific item.

maybe its common. All three of the dry bags are off. My blast bag is an inch short. I'll see what they say.

Well I didn't buy them to resell, but with the way the stock market is going, maybe selling both can salvage my quarter.

A 10% shortage is a pretty big miss. I got 2 for larger group trips, my food volume estimates said I was closer to needing 3, but at $39 a throw I was too cheap to get 3 of them.

Glad I didn't get a CF tarp.

They probably use scraps from their other gear. Try Yama Mountaineering in Charlottesville, Va.

++ New Posts ++