WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i don't "hate" anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2NewKnees View Post
    Just called to inquire about weekly rates and the person answering the phone said they don't do weekly rates. And then said a call was coming in and they had to go. Heard they were very friendly and my friend is in dire straits finding somewhere to stay the next few weeks, but damn that was flat out rude! Won't be recommending them to anybody again!
    OK, so what did the next place you called say?

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Exactly.

Not sure how soon in this state, but after a prescribed period of time a hotel guest establishes tenancy-- which affords him all the rights that someone renting an apartment enjoys.

Anyone who has ever tried to evict tenants for non-payment or unacceptable behavior knows that can be a nightmare.
    I've had this problem with my house that I rented out for the much of my navy career. Not only do you have the problem of kicking out scum, you also have the issue of people not caring for others property. What I came back to when I moved back here just makes me . If I ever rent my house out again I'm not going to be a nice guy -- the price will be way up there, just so I will keep scum out. That's what you get for trying to be a nice guy.

I could never be a landlord (or hotel owner), just don't have the patience in dealing with idiots; that's another reason why Ron Haven is a great guy -- I don't know how he maintains his congeniality after all these years of not only dealing with hikers, but tenants.

Me? I hate everyone and for good reason

Images

So, my friend was staying with us at the time of the call. She had a cat and dog with her. Our family is very allergic to cats and told her we would let her stay as long as she wanted. She didn't want to impose, so we all tried to find somewhere she could stay til her permanent residence was available. I thought that Budget Inn would be good b/c they are so hiker friendly. Anyway, she stayed the week and found a place here around the corner in Sylva. Thought maybe she would get a weekly rate, especially this time of the year. Some money is better than none. It's al good. Just thought the cut off by the person answering the phone was unprofessional.

Ron Haven has always been a good guy from my experiences with him and his properties.

Quote Originally Posted by 2NewKnees View Post
    So, my friend was staying with us at the time of the call. She had a cat and dog with her. Our family is very allergic to cats and told her we would let her stay as long as she wanted. She didn't want to impose, so we all tried to find somewhere she could stay til her permanent residence was available. I thought that Budget Inn would be good b/c they are so hiker friendly. Anyway, she stayed the week and found a place here around the corner in Sylva. Thought maybe she would get a weekly rate, especially this time of the year. Some money is better than none. It's al good. Just thought the cut off by the person answering the phone was unprofessional.
    If they answered your question, and you had no other questions, then it is not rude to take another call, it is business.

If if they told you their policy on weekly rates and you chose to debate them on their policy, then it is also not rude for them to take another call.

Images

Merry Christmas everyone. I thank all of you for defending my and my business. I am a shows promoter and I stay on the road most of the time from September until March. Got a few days off for Christmas at home and saw this thread. I wasn't rude to anyone on the phone because I didn't answer at Budget Inn. I hope my desk clerks were not either. I only live there Mar, Apr, and part of May. Long story short, I don't give weekly rates for a million reasons and none of them are good.....See all of you soon that will be coming into Hiawassee, Ga or Frankln, NC - Also remember, If you are staying at Budget Inn of Hiawassee we will hand carry your mail drops to Franklin Budget Inn or the all new Jack Tarlin Hostel free during March & April. This will save you $$$$$$$ Also check out our free shuttle schedule in Mar & Apr for our guest.

Last edited by Ron Haven; 12-20-2016 at 23:40.

I hitched a ride in from the trail last year via Ron and let me say he and his crew at the hotel were very nice. He even played a little guitar for us outside and we all had a great time. I will stay there again on my next attempt for sure. Thanks Ron (and crew).
    - Trail name: Thumper

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone. I thank all of you for defending my and my business. I am a shows promoter and I stay on the road most of the time from September until March. Got a few days off for Christmas at home and saw this thread. I wasn't rude to anyone on the phone because I didn't answer at Budget Inn. I hope my desk clerks were not either. I only live there Mar, Apr, and part of May. Long story short, I don't give weekly rates for a million reasons and none of them are good.....See all of you soon that will be coming into Hiawassee, Ga or Frankln, NC - Also remember, If you are staying at Budget Inn of Hiawassee we will hand carry your mail drops to Franklin Budget Inn or the all new Jack Tarlin Hostel free during March & April. This will save you $$$$$$$ Also check out our free shuttle schedule in Mar & Apr for our guest.

Looking forward to stopping by next spring.
    "Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph View Post
    I hitched a ride in from the trail last year via Ron and let me say he and his crew at the hotel were very nice. He even played a little guitar for us outside and we all had a great time. I will stay there again on my next attempt for sure. Thanks Ron (and crew).
    You are welcome my friend, Hope if you pass through Franklin that you stop in again..

Another Ron Haven fan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++