WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Tags for Thru Hiker Dogs

I'll be thru hiking NoBo next Spring and doing at least part of it with my dog. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what to put on their dog's tag? I'm definitely putting an email address as a primary contact as I can access it even if something happens to my phone. Here's what I have as of now-

Biscuit
    Mom hiking AT NoBo
    No medical issues
    Email address
    Phone Number

I'm getting a tag that has an engraved back option if any more info is advisable. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

I would suggest putting a second phone number of somebody who is back home and can reliably answer the phone if you are unavailable

Change "mom" to "owner." The sentence "Owner hiking AT NoBo" is far more clear.

Ensure that the dog is microchipped as well and that the paperwork with the chip company is up to date so that they can quickly contact you directly.
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 12-11-2015 at 14:28.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Carry the rabies vaccination certificate with you and have a rabies tag on your dog. It would also be good to have a certificate with you showing other vaccinations.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Images

Change "mom" to "owner." The sentence "Owner hiking AT NoBo" is far more clear.

along with this---i would put your real name.............and if you have a trail name from past, put that on as well...

thru hikers on trail may know you by trail name, but someone else could be out asking around for you by your real name.............

Images

Being a life long first responder and a dog guy, I highly recommend the interactive Road ID. Available for you and your K9, its a unique ID that has a 24/7 on-line and human monitoring system that you can edit anytime you need to. When we trip to a different part of the world we can add or change contact info, or personal info. Also one can use numerous contacts. I have several. I know of several people who benefited. Check it out at http://www.roadid.com/default.aspx
    “If there’s one thing the AT teaches, it is low-level ecstasy—something we could all do with more of in our lives.”

Images

On a side note, my Brother-in-law was run over and left on the side of the road to die like an animal. He had on a Fixx Road ID, which was how he was identified...http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8124400/
    “If there’s one thing the AT teaches, it is low-level ecstasy—something we could all do with more of in our lives.”

++ New Posts ++