WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default ATC Holiday Celebration / Olde Tyme Christmas in Harpers Ferry

Our Holiday Celebration is tomorrow (Saturday, December 5, from 9 to 5)!

Come to eat cookies, drink mulled cider (which I'll start making shortly) and see Harpers Ferry at one of the most beautiful times of year.

You can also just talk trail. Pop Tart, Sisu, Judo, and Pam Underhill (now one of the two A.T. Ambassadors for Harpers Ferry) are just some of the folks who will be around. Ron Tipton will be by in the afternoon.

We've also got the 2016 Data Book, with one of the prettiest covers yet, and some other new A.T. books and cool stuff.

Before or after consuming some calories, go on one of the many amazing hikes around Harpers Ferry that range from perfectly flat to strenuous workouts.

It's also Olde Tyme Christmas in Harpers Ferry. I'll post a schedule in a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Journal Entries
    Images

Well too short of notice... maybe next year thanks Laurie
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

For me too WOO. Will be at Hannover Theater in Worchester to see Manheim Steamroller.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Merry Xmas! Have a great time, I would definitely go if I lived closer!

Default Help Harpers Ferry recover

Some of you know a massive fire tore through the center of downtown Harpers Ferry in July. Things would have not been worse if Laura Wright, the owner of the Outfitter at Harpers Ferry, had not been up at 3:30 in the morning, heard the fire, and warned her neighbors, who then narrowly escaped. An area of blackened buildings still remains in the very center of the historic district, but the town is working hard to recover.

If you're in town, stop by Tenfold Fair Trade and The Vintage Lady. These are two businesses whose stores were destroyed in the massive fire July 23. They have re-opened in new locations a short distance away (a few steps closer to ATC).

Both have been supportive of hikers and ATC and are great community members. Without the determination Cindi Dunn and Martha Ehlman, two small-business owners, to rebuild Harpers Ferry, I don't know where the community would be. Sadly, some of the businesses had no insurance and lost everything.

I've attached the schedule of events for Olde Tyme Christmas in lower town Harpers Ferry.

The are horse and carriage rides, strolling Santa, puppet shows, caroling, a living nativity and more at www.historicharpersferry.org.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Stopped by for a visit and drink of cider.

Always liked historic HF. Was there once during Christmas and enjoyed it.

Thanks for stopping by, raptelan!

++ New Posts ++