WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
    I'd still rather depend on NOAA forecasts via a small radio with the NOAA weather bands.Cell reception is spotty in places and in areas where you can get a signal,weather systems with heavy rain,snow or cloud cover will block cell service.Batteries in a small radio will last a very long time compared to your cell phone's rechargeable battery.These days charging your device in crowded trail towns or hostels can be a problem.
    I'm a big fan of the NOAA website. No advertising, so they don't try to oversell the "giant death storm" drama! The website does require you input your town and state, which I could see as annoying if you aren't sure what town your near on the trail.

As for carrying a specific radio only to get NWR bands, not going to happen. Extra weight and have to listen for a number of minutes until they get around to discussing the weather in the area you're interested in. The advantage this app has is that I can turn on the phone for 15 seconds, dial in the point on the trail, get my information, and turn it back off. Minimal battery use.

Great job. Just bookmarked it. I like it much better than sophiaknows.com...much more detailed forecasts.

Good morning all,

I just want folks to know that I have been making some server side modifications to www.atweather.org that won't impact how the page looks or functions, but will modify the URL structure of the site. If you had a specific location bookmarked before, it will break. You'll need to select the location again and re-bookmark it.

I do apologize for this. The site is going to continue evolving as I continue to learn about web development. My hope though is that once the current modifications are complete, it will remain unchanged through the 2016 hiking season. Thanks all for your support of the site!

Best,

Zen
    Last edited by zepphead80; 02-04-2016 at 15:27. Reason: Formatting changes

I can not get the site to display Springer mountain it displays deep gap no matter what I pick

Quote Originally Posted by dbright View Post
    I can not get the site to display Springer mountain it displays deep gap no matter what I pick
    also having same problem except first is a vt shelter with no state picked then when I try putting Georgia in it only goes to tray mountain shelter

Hi,

Yes, I am aware that the drop down boxes are behaving strangely; it is a result of some modifications that I have made to the website's code and I'm working on a fix. Having said that, when you make a selection, the forecast that results is for the location that was chosen even if the box is displaying something bogus.

I hope to have this resolved over the next few days. Thanks!

Pat

Checked it out this morning (snow possible across the entire trial, wow). Thanks for taking the time, it provides very useful concise information!

Thanks for your hard work. I'll be using your site this spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awesome! What a great tool to have while on the trail or planning your trip! Much thanks!

Images

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. All forecasts in one site. Fantastic job, thanks for the work you put in on this.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJackson View Post
    I really like your site. Every time I use weather.com to get the local Atlanta forecast during the week...I wish it was more like yours...they are so...bloated. Good job, man...and Thanks!
    Weather dot com is perhaps the worst, most media-laden, weather information site on the net. I regularly use AccuWeather or NOAA, but a site like ATWeather.org is great for the trail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++