WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana First-Aid & Toiletries for a Thru-Hike......

Just put up a New Video on my Youtube Channel on the First-Aid & Toiletries I carried on my hike this year.
    Hope it helps anyone planning for their 2016 Hike!

New Video---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQUx...ature=youtu.be

Youtube Channel---- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC18exdGWh7piVWisrnDXiZg

Hike On,
    Darwin

GA-ME Feb. 27th–July 1st, 2016 lwhikerchris's Avatar

Nice video; just took in the food video as well. Thanks for the tips.

Moist wipes are touted a lot. I've used them but will probably carry dry TP now. Maybe a few wet-ones for tidying up and other tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by lwhikerchris View Post
    Nice video; just took in the food video as well. Thanks for the tips.
    Glad your enjoying the videos, Thanks for Watching!!!

Hike On,
    Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by jpolk84 View Post
    Moist wipes are touted a lot. I've used them but will probably carry dry TP now. Maybe a few wet-ones for tidying up and other tasks.
    At one time I carried Baby wipes to clean up with, now I just dip my Buff in a water source & use it for any type of cleaning up. Wet-ones, Paper towels, & thing of that nature can be such a wasteful thing & create tons of Liter. Thanks for watching!

Hike On,
    Darwin

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nonfiction View Post
    ...now I just dip my Buff in a water source & use it for any type of cleaning up. ...
    Darwin
    Sawyer and Aquamira commend you.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Sorry did not watch the video. But do include good blister care, leukotape and triple antibiotic. Use duct tape only if you want to get infected.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I'm just talking about wiping down the body. In case of my mug or spoon, a little filtered water & a swipe of TP does the trick.

Hike On,
    Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    Sorry did not watch the video. But do include good blister care, leukotape and triple antibiotic. Use duct tape only if you want to get infected.
    Shame, you should watch the video. Leukotape is great, except when you run out. Finding more on the trail was damn near impossible. Seems I couldn't find it anywhere. if you put Mole Skin on first then the Duct Tape to hold it in place, you don't have to worry about an infection. I would never put straight duct tape on a Blister!

Hike On,
    Darwin

Images

At one time I carried Baby wipes to clean up with, now I just dip my Buff in a water source & use it for any type of cleaning up. Wet-ones, Paper towels, & thing of that nature can be such a wasteful thing & create tons of Liter. Thanks for watching!

Hike On,
    Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard (ME) View Post
    I'm just talking about wiping down the body. In case of my mug or spoon, a little filtered water & a swipe of TP does the trick.

Hike On,
    Darwin
    I'd probably feel better if it was just your mug and spoon.
    Less snarky - your hands and buff probably have (and transfer) more pathogens to the water source than your mug and spoon would. Ultimately, we all probably put the dirtiest (from a pathogen standpoint) part of our body, our hands, into a lot of water sources when we access water. But you kind of paint a picture of someone dipping a buff into a water source, wiping parts of your body, dipping again, wiping more body parts, dipping it in again to wring it out, etc. I'd probably feel better about it if you had said you dipped your water bag into the source and then dipped the buff in that, rather than directly in the water source.
    Last edited by 4eyedbuzzard; 11-15-2015 at 14:15.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

++ New Posts ++