WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Make sure you also scan her vaccination records, in case you need to board her....

Quote Originally Posted by PackHorse View Post
    Make sure you also scan her vaccination records, in case you need to board her....
    Those are already on my phone and on my google docs for all my dogs-along with their current dog licenses. Easier than stressing over it lol
    ~CynJ

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

You might consider starting closer to home as there is a big chance the dog won't make it from Georgia to Conn.
    Not trying to be pissy just honest.

Quote Originally Posted by adamkrz View Post
    You still have some time yet but I would rent a car or have a family member drop me off, Enjoy your hike with your dog - There is no greater hiking partner.
    Car rentals do not allow dogs...I'm not saying it's not done, but don't show up with the dog to pick up or drop off the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    Car rentals do not allow dogs...I'm not saying it's not done, but don't show up with the dog to pick up or drop off the vehicle.
    Thats not necessarily true for the large national companies that one can rent a one way trip of over 500 miles. Most of the majors allow pets but have a service cleaning charge if the there is hair and other pet detritus left in the car (per the link). Some locations that only allow local rentals, or small players in the car rental market may not allow pets, but these would likely not be businesses that would allow a one way rental. Using a bed sheet to cover where the dog will be in the car is cheap insurance against a $250 cleaning charge to vacuum out dog hair that can be difficult to remove from a car. Once you get to the drop-off facility, ball up the sheet and throw it out.

http://www.pettravel.com/news_pet_po...ental_cars.cfm

This is straight from Avis:

Pets:
    Avis does not have a strict pet policy, but please be sure to return your rental car in clean condition and free of pet hair, etc. to avoid cleaning fees.

I figured a couple of Goodwill blankets I can toss would be the way to go to protect the seats - no muss no fuss.
    ~CynJ

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dog carrier or fold up cage?? Maybe give the blanket to a nearby hostel, goodwill etc. instead of throwing it away.

We were able to find someone who was moving to North Carolina to rideshare with so we could get our dog to Georgia! Try looking at long distance rideshare sites?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++