WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My 26 includes food and water.

Thunder

hmm thanks for the responces, im gonna go reweigh my pack when I fill it next and check out what im gonna take to eat, or possibly ill just start carrying less water lol
    "In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks." -John Muir
    "Because in the end you won't remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing your lawn. Climb that ******* Mountain!" - Jack Kerouac

It is kinda silly to carry water when you are constantly walking by it all day.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

A lot of my hiking over the past year was on the Northville-Placid Trail, where the answer to "where's the next water source?" is often, "You're standing in it."

Yes, the 26-27 pounds was with consumables for three nights.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    where the answer to "where's the next water source?" is often, "You're standing in it."
    lol, thanks for the responce
    "In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks." -John Muir
    "Because in the end you won't remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing your lawn. Climb that ******* Mountain!" - Jack Kerouac

My down sleeping quilt is separate. I like it in the center at the bottem of the pack. Heavier items on either side: I have two long stuff sacks for the heavier clothing, sleep clothing, dry socks, etal. However, the cookpot goes outside the pack, in an Aloksak or Opsak depending on bear country or not. In any event, I do not want those odors on my gear. The stove is separate, in it's own pouch on the waistbelt.

I use the black mesh back for drying washed black underwear and socks, or, wiped off but still somewhat wet tarp shelter not folded and ground polycryo folded flat.

I have my most often used gear and consummables in clothing pockets, or, on pack straps and built-in waist belt pockets. The food bag is near the top inside of the backpack. One pint water container is attached to the pack shoulder strap. Water containers slip inside the backpack down the sides.

Small stuff is in ziploc bags.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++