WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pots View Post
    I'm falling in love with that quilt. I haven't even considered them until now. It seems perfect... I'll also probably be adding more socks haha.
    The quilts are amazing. We have a 40*, 20*, and 0* degree Enigma. Super warm, packable, and not much weight. Get Darn Tough socks since they also stand behind their warranty (lifetime).
    AT15
    OT15

Images

Good list Pots. I agree the pack can be scaled down thus cutting weight. I picked up an extra (loaner) pack, a small Osprey, at the REI garage sale. Hit those up. Or check craigslist or garage sales. With the gear you listed, does that 75 have a lot of empty space?

I do think you may get pretty cold with that pad in Feb. That may be something you'll have to bite the bullet on? You are tarp tenting right?

Good job, maybe Ill see you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote9 View Post
    Good list Pots. I agree the pack can be scaled down thus cutting weight. I picked up an extra (loaner) pack, a small Osprey, at the REI garage sale. Hit those up. Or check craigslist or garage sales. With the gear you listed, does that 75 have a lot of empty space?

I do think you may get pretty cold with that pad in Feb. That may be something you'll have to bite the bullet on? You are tarp tenting right?

Good job, maybe Ill see you out there.
    I don't have all the gear yet so I'm not sure about the fill yet but I am thinking of getting a smaller pack. I can always remove parts of the pack also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Here is something for strengthening ankles before getting out to hike trails to condition for hiking in mountains.

http://www.csuchico.edu/~sbarker/inj...nkle_rehab.pdf

There are also in-shoe ankle supports safe to use: some weaken ankles. I avoid those, even injured.

I prefer Good Feet MAX and trail shoes with good lateral support and squared off heels side-to-side and at the back for sure foot plant. I do not like trail shoes that have rounded edges at the heels. I do not let them get worn. Instead, I get new trail shoes.

It gets to be a significant expense. I shop sales.

I provide my email to be notified of sales.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++