WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
    I think you could combine a inner net tent (like this http://bearpawwd.com/net_tents/walled_net_tent.php, or MLD has a nice one but more spendy) to fulfill the "must be enclosed" requirement and then you could add a silnylon tarp to go with your trekking poles and come in under two pounds and under $200 without trying too hard.
    I've thought about this. I'm in the process of of making a basic tarp for my hammock. After than I'm going to make a down quilt. If those turn out well, I will consider it further. I still would prefer a side entry and am not sure if my limited sewing skills could handle that.

Sounds like you want a tarp. If you hammock camp, you must already have one, right? Just use that.

oh I see, can't be a tarp for Philmont. Yeah. That is one of their dumber rules.

I have a Catch and release SMD Refuge Silnylon version. I could let go for $195 shipped. Let me know if your interested.

I have a double walled Yama mountain Gear 1 person tent consisting of the tarp and bug net. Like new with lines and I'll throw in stakes and stuff sack and weighs about 1.5lbs. for $150 shipped.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Journal Entries

Default Philmont

Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post
    I'd tell Philmont to stay out of my bedroom! And, let me pitch whatever shelter I please so long as it doesn't damage the environment.
    Hilarious!!!

Default Found a Tent. Thread can be closed

Jgamez94: Thanks for the offer. I had to look up the SMD Refuge. I like the side entry, but the lack of a bathtub floor kills it for me.

Damn Yankee: I really want the side entry, like the TT Notch

side note-I need to let this thread die so I can start a new one that says "WTB-Tarptent Notch" .

edit: instead of letting the thread die, I changed the title of my initial post.

Edit #2: Found a tent. Not a Notch., but should work for me
    Last edited by edu; 10-25-2015 at 13:59. Reason: Realized I could change Title

Selling my contrail if you're interested. Only used a few nights. Seam sealed by TT. Name your price.

Hi,

Ihave Light-heart Gear SoLong 6 for sale.green, includes awning pole, stakes, stake stuff sack and tent stuff sack

31oz.

The tent is in excellent condition

$125 including free shipping in US.
    Jeff
    2066976040 text is interested

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyCPA View Post
    Hi,

Ihave Light-heart Gear SoLong 6 for sale.green, includes awning pole, stakes, stake stuff sack and tent stuff sack

31oz.

The tent is in excellent condition

$125 including free shipping in US.
    Jeff
    2066976040 text is interested
    Thread was from 2015.
    If your solong is in good condition, it may sell quicker in the for sale section... Looks like a good price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++