WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Max Patch to Hot Springs

I just completed section hike from Max Patch to Hot Springs. They are experiencing a moderate drought in this area and several of the streams are dry. The water sources between Garenflo and Hotsprings are dry (Sept 2015).

Thanks for the heads-up. Am planning a Standing Bear Farm to Hot Springs hike this weekend. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, it's 50/50 whether I'll make it or not.

Thanks for the update! How is the water at Walnut Mountain Shelter? Also how is the water between Walnut Mountain Shelter and Garenflo gap? I was hoping to camp near Big Rock Spring in 2 weeks.

I didn't check Big Rock spring but I did see a few water sources between Bluff Mountain and Hot Springs. For sure, there is water at Deer Park shelter. Although the spring for the lean-to leaves something to be desired, there is a good source left of the trail for north bound hikers.

Inspector Gadget

Any new updates? I'll be north bounding I-40 to Hot Springs October 9-13. I'll be staying at the shelters.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by connor401 View Post
    Any new updates? I'll be north bounding I-40 to Hot Springs October 9-13. I'll be staying at the shelters.
    safe to say that in the near term, too little water isnt an issue any longer.

++ New Posts ++