WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

I wrote a little article about Anish for Appalachian Trials. It'd be awesome to see both AT records fall in one year! http://appalachiantrials.com/heather...ported-record/

Easy to get enamored with Heather Anderson "Anish" only in terms of records or record seeking but she's so much more substantial than those things... just as are Elizabeth Thomas "Snorkel" and Jennifer Pharr Davis. These are all high level ladies! Heather has the heart of a lioness knowing how to overcome that thorn once in her paw. She's a focused determined Lone She Wolf. There's more going on with Heather than records. Listen to her TED talk. She gave the audience a lot more to know about herself than records. Liked this talk, inspired me. There's the heart of a LD hiker. Listen keenly! Learn! I almost cried. Thanks Heather. Luved it!

http://youtu.be/pgDeh2XDNY4

Last week I spoke with a friend whose daughter is doing a MEGA. He said that his daughter had recently met an amazing woman who was hiking the trail really fast. Apparently inspired by the fast hike, my friend's daughter now hikes in a dress.

Anish is even impacting trail fashion!

Heather is tough. She's certainly mentally strong exhibiting great fortitude and positive attitude and a willingness to determine her path. Shows in her Facebook comments too. She has come to terms with herself. She's come so far. GREAT story. Lots to say positive about Heather well beyond records. I could quote the entire last 6 mins of her TED talk. Here's one of many I'll share I liked: "...this time I intended to hike the PCT faster than anyone else had before. This was not to lessen my time in the wilderness but to intensify it and face my fears." That's brutal honesty. The type of honesty where you bare yourself openly to reach the summit laying it on the line. She's come so far well beyond just in regards to hiking or hiking to gain records. Much more to that woman that defines her than records! Hopefully, we can see that and possibly be enamored by that too!

I like that Heather shares that she didn't know everything yet she still went forward on her hikes. She says repeated " I didn't know...I didn't know..." She certainly does embrace the unknown and face her fears overcoming them.....well beyond records.

These types of people demonstrate a whole lot more than records. Again, GREAT STORY. Great Talk.

Loved this too. "One of the greatest lessons I learned out there was acceptance; because the kaleidoscope of human emotions doesn't cease just because you're in the woods. I had to learn to accept(deal with) fear, pain, and loneliness, and happiness, and joy, and bugs , and cold, beauty, and heat , and frustration, and anything else that came my way. And, it was in the process of acceptance that the negatives lost their power over me, and the positives became my motivators."

POWERFUL. That's grabbing the bull by the horns. That's letting go of the bullshart and excuses. That's stepping up into your life.

"This is what I want to share with you. That, the success here is about the lessons learned along the journey."...I had achieved my goal of hiking the trail faster than anyone else ever had. But the real success were those lessons...the acceptance, the mindfulness, the learning to be present in the moment. And, I can guarantee you that it is not easy nor painless to take control of your own destiny. But, having the courage to write your own fairytale each and every day is what defines success to me. And that is what I find makes life worth living."

Loved it! Touched my soul.

wanna be hiker trash

First of all @ gcobb1990. Your unsupported thru hike record was an absolutely AWESOME feat on it's on merits alone. Secondly, your well written article about Anish's record attempt is a great read.
    Last edited by Kenai; 09-16-2015 at 09:55.
    “Every path but your own is the path of fate. Keep on your own track, then.” Thoreau.

wanna be hiker trash

@ Dogwood. Great TEDx talk from Heather Anderson, aka, Anish. Truly inspiring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgDe...ature=youtu.be

Amazing what a li'll walk in the woods can do for you.
    Last edited by Kenai; 09-16-2015 at 00:50.
    “Every path but your own is the path of fate. Keep on your own track, then.” Thoreau.

Wait, she got by Damascus without Lone Wolf ousting her? She's good. She's real good.

In that pic in front of the ATC in that dress Anish looks like like a stay at home homemaker mother of four on her way to picking up little Johnny from soccer practice. The Altras, tight calves, beaming contented smile knowing she's exactly doing what she's called to do, and lean face give her away though.

Images

Nothing about a woman in a dress makes me immediately think soccer mom but that's ok dogwood, you be you, that's what the Internet is for

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgDe...ature=youtu.be

Amazing what a li'll walk in the woods can do for you.
    The problem with that video...It was too short

That poor girl, all she likes is hiking, that's not a condemnation of hiking, rather of when people have a singular urge in life, such an urge that that's all you want to do -- that goes beyond simple passion.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    I saw it a little differently, but am all for Anish. Go girl go!
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

wanna be hiker trash

Quote Originally Posted by The Solemates View Post
    I saw it a little differently, but am all for Anish. Go girl go!
    What's your take Solemates?

High level achievers, innovators, thinkers, explorers, adventurers, athletes, and those with BIG GOALS - those who seek to bring about the extraordinary - don't live by the sometimes mistaken adage "moderation in all things."

Quote Originally Posted by matthew.d.kirk View Post
    Wait, she got by Damascus without Lone Wolf ousting her? She's good. She's real good.
    unimportant

ya gotta admire the pithiness.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    ya gotta admire the pithiness.
    Always do.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I saw her just south of the whites a while back.

the record was set NOBO. these SOBO records are irrelevent

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    the record was set NOBO. these SOBO records are irrelevent
    Right. Going downhill is unfair.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++