WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaling Fool View Post
    Aggressively composted....What's that mean? Just because something takes a long time to decompose means nothing about its positive/negative effects on the environment. Those things don't last long in my yard...You want to talk about things the that last long...egg shells, wood, thick cardboard, carrots....

P.S. I'm guessing by aggressively composted, you probably mean composting with high heat, but most composting in nature doesn't happen this way. There is nothing special to composting vs. regular decomposition, despite what many avid composters will tell you.
    Except that a good hot compost is much better at killing off the weed seeds that always seem to be in my garden waste.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Some people just don't care, it's a global phenomenon and I don't understand the mindset, but training does little to fix it. Extraordinary pictures of people just dumping stuff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-debris.html

Excerpt:

The deputy mayor in charge of the environment, Celia Blauel, beseeched Parisians to respect the canal once its makeover is finished.‘If everyone mucks in and avoids throwing anything in the water, we might be able to swim in the canal in a few years, as in numerous other European cities,’ she told Le Parisien.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++