WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: The Speed Trap

Journal Entries

There was something in the Runner's World (I think that's where I read it) article stating that Baxter Park people are worried about the increasing number of thru hikers reaching their secluded destination. Could we be looking at the biggest AT re-route in history sometime in the future? What about the AT bypassing BP and continuing, as the IAT does, to Canada?
    That is my intended route if Donald Trump gets elected president.

As for Scott, I am with him all the way. Whether or not he was "told" by one ranger that it would be ok to take the bottle of champagne to the summit, it's such a small issue overall. Perhaps BP will push the ATC to refuse to recognize Scott's record - if they even keep records like that. But whatever happens, Scott will always know that he accomplished what he set out to do, and what may or may not have happened at the end is irrelevant. I can easily understand anyone making a poor judgment after a strenuous activity. I get "loopy" after a marathon.

Arden

Quote Originally Posted by Arden View Post
    There was something in the Runner's World (I think that's where I read it) article stating that Baxter Park people are worried about the increasing number of thru hikers reaching their secluded destination. Could we be looking at the biggest AT re-route in history sometime in the future? What about the AT bypassing BP and continuing, as the IAT does, to Canada?
    That is my intended route if Donald Trump gets elected president.

As for Scott, I am with him all the way. Whether or not he was "told" by one ranger that it would be ok to take the bottle of champagne to the summit, it's such a small issue overall. Perhaps BP will push the ATC to refuse to recognize Scott's record - if they even keep records like that. But whatever happens, Scott will always know that he accomplished what he set out to do, and what may or may not have happened at the end is irrelevant. I can easily understand anyone making a poor judgment after a strenuous activity. I get "loopy" after a marathon.

Arden
    The ATC doesn't recognize records of this type, so thats not an issue. BSP has no interest in any records of this type (or any that concern the AT), their only interest is to protect the wilderness inside their borders for the "people of Maine" which has come to include a vast number of people from outside the State.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    No problem....
    I suppose one question the sign does address is, that the sign is in fact the northern terminus of the AT (some said the cairn, while others thought it may be a USGS marker.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++