WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Abol Campground Store

Does the store have any cooked food? Or just pr-emade sandwichs.

Standard warning. There are two campgrounds that could be confused. The Abol Campground in the park does not have a store or sandwiches. The Maine bureau of public lands has a campground near the Abol Bridge Store outside the park. It should be obvious but some folks get confused.

It has been quite awhile since I have been to Abol bridge but they did stock some basic food items other than sandwiches. Hopefully you can get more current info.

Images

The Abol Bridge Campground Store mostly has packaged food. Knorr Sides, instant potatoes, Ramen...that kind of thing. There is not a wide variety of food offered there.

It is attached to the Northern Restaurant. Not sure of the current hours, but they have burgers, steaks, etc.

They have the most important thing... ice cream and waffle cones to put it on.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Images

It is not a good place for long-term resupply, as some guidebooks say. It is basically a very high priced camp store. Nice oasis, though!
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

Ice cream there was delicious! I can attest to that. It's now run by Northern outdoors, so it mostly caters to rafters, from what I can see. Hiker staples are kinda pricey. Knorr sides are $2.60 or so. Most everything else is comparatively priced, from what I could see.

Images

There is also Abol Pines campground which is across the road from the Abol Bridge store. Much cheaper, but no ammenities.
    Greg P.

Burger fries, onion rings, decent beer selection. Try the Poutin.

Images

I was just up there the other day... The store does still have stuff for hikers, though not as much as it had last year. The campground has joined forces with a rafting company and is catering a bit more to that crowd. The restaurant also is a bit more limited/selective of their hours this year, as they do close for special events.

I don't mean any of that in a negative sense (toward the owners of the campground, or rafting company). I am just putting that information out there for hikers so they can plan accordingly. The store still has instant taters, Knorr Sides, boxed Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, Pop Tarts... They just have a little bit less of a selection of those items.

The burger I had at the restaurant (last year) was awesome! I would have stopped off the other day, but the restaurant wasn't open when I happened to be passing through.

++ New Posts ++