WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by jbmundy87 View Post
    they are both down. I can fit them and my underquilt in there with plenty of room for food and clothes.
    I ask because my synthetic quilt is too bulky for my 2200 cu in my ray way pack. But it fits in my 2800. I have to carry compressible down for my 2200.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Deuter ACT Lite 65+10. Mainly because my wife got a Deuter Kid Comfort III and I decided to try the same brand. We may have both gotten larger models than required, though...

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mahoosucnotch View Post
    I ask because my synthetic quilt is too bulky for my 2200 cu in my ray way pack. But it fits in my 2800. I have to carry compressible down for my 2200.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try to find an rei garage sale. I picked up the kelty cosmic down 40 for $38 and they had an igneo for $99 which is normally closer to $300. Down saves a good bit of weight and pack room, it is also supposed to last longer but I haven't owned anything down for more than a season yet (but its all still good).

Quote Originally Posted by raptelan View Post
    I have a Deuter ACT Lite 65+10. Mainly because my wife got a Deuter Kid Comfort III and I decided to try the same brand. We may have both gotten larger models than required, though...
    If you enjoy your Deuter pack the 50+10 will be on sale at REI starting Friday. I'm not sure what size you were planning on but that is more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by heckyesnugent View Post
    If you enjoy your Deuter pack the 50+10 will be on sale at REI starting Friday. I'm not sure what size you were planning on but that is more reasonable.
    Do you reckon that is enough space for gear for 2 people for a thru hike including food as necessary? I looked at at REI a couple days ago and wasn't sure, although the 65+10 was generally an abundance of space except when I had too much extra food/weight.

Quote Originally Posted by BenOnAdventures View Post
    Hello adventurers, I was just thinking to myself, I wonder what type of backpacks all of you will bring on the AT. So in your opinion what is the perfect model/size of backpack? Let's talk!!
    I have an Osprey Atmos 65 AG EX (small) for when I backpack with the kids... Love it...very comfy. I have an Exos 58 (medium) for solo hikes...and it is the one I plan to bring on the Trail. I'm learning to cut back on what I bring...finally think I can make the whole AT with the Exos.
    Planning for a North-South thru-hike to begin...one of these days...

Can't go wrong the ULA Circuit. It has been good to me.

Do you reckon that is enough space for gear for 2 people for a thru hike including food as necessary? I looked at at REI a couple days ago and wasn't sure, although the 65+10 was generally an abundance of space except when I had too much extra food/weight.
    I think that would depend on how much she was planning on carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by heckyesnugent View Post
    I think that would depend on how much she was planning on carrying...
    She will be carrying a baby and related necessities, so I'll be carrying the rest.

She will be carrying a baby and related necessities, so I'll be carrying the rest.
    I would go with the 65+10 then.. you may need the extra space for twice the food and the like. You don't want a backpack that doesn't fit the things you need. Especially if you are carrying for 2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++