WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Dana Designs Alpine Backpack - Size Medium

In very good condition. This four season version of the venerable Terraplane can haul heavy loads with ease. Pack is in very good condition, no abrasion whatsoever. Frame is size medium and the hipbelt fits up to a 36"-38" waist. $160.00, free shipping in the CONUS.

Attachment 31150Attachment 31151Attachment 31152
    Last edited by Rex Clifton; 06-29-2015 at 11:51.

Price bump to $150.00.

Price bump to $140.00. This is a great winter pack in very good condition.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Would you want to trade for anything? PM me if so.
    Thanks

Can the hip belt be changed out for a smaller one? What torso length is this appropriate for?

Quote Originally Posted by raptelan View Post
    Can the hip belt be changed out for a smaller one? What torso length is this appropriate for?
    Unless you have a really small waist, the waist belt should fit fine. 36"-38" is the max but it snugs down very small. If you needed a new belt, however, you may be able to get one from Mystery Ranch. As far as the torso length, medium fits most people. My torso length is 18.5 inches and I would say the frame is good from around 17.5" - 19.5".

If you buy and it does not fit, you can send back for a refund, but you will have to pay the shipping.

Price bump to $125.00.

Could offer you a like new Hennessy Hammock for it.

what is the pack size?

Quote Originally Posted by campingshaws View Post
    what is the pack size?
    Size medium, good for torso length from 18"-21". The hipbelt fits to a 36" (pants size) waist, 38" if you push it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    Unless you have a really small waist, the waist belt should fit fine. 36"-38" is the max but it snugs down very small. If you needed a new belt, however, you may be able to get one from Mystery Ranch. As far as the torso length, medium fits most people. My torso length is 18.5 inches and I would say the frame is good from around 17.5" - 19.5".

If you buy and it does not fit, you can send back for a refund, but you will have to pay the shipping.

I don't think Mystery Ranch has anything to do with Dana Design. Free Bump.
    Boomer's Blog | Attempting to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail on an impulse…

https://wanderingboomer.wordpress.com/

Dana Gleason has everything to do with Mystery Ranch. The foam on the back panel of my Terraplane disintegrated. I called Mystery Ranch. They sent me a new one for a small fee. It fit perfectly. Just a guess: They still have the patterns for the Dana Design packs.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Dana Gleason has everything to do with Mystery Ranch. The foam on the back panel of my Terraplane disintegrated. I called Mystery Ranch. They sent me a new one for a small fee. It fit perfectly. Just a guess: They still have the patterns for the Dana Design packs.

Wayne
    Don't think anyone said Dana Gleason doesn't have anything to do with MR. I said MR doesn't have anything to do with Dana Design.

Rather than guessing, I'll give you the answer. If a Dana Design pack has the ArcFlex body panel design, like yours does, MR will send you a replacement foam pad. For everything else, they'll refer you to Marmot or a handful of vendors that do gear repair.

Another free bump.
    Boomer's Blog | Attempting to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail on an impulse…

https://wanderingboomer.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Boo8meR View Post
    Don't think anyone said Dana Gleason doesn't have anything to do with MR. I said MR doesn't have anything to do with Dana Design.

Rather than guessing, I'll give you the answer. If a Dana Design pack has the ArcFlex body panel design, like yours does, MR will send you a replacement foam pad. For everything else, they'll refer you to Marmot or a handful of vendors that do gear repair.

Another free bump.
    I did know that Marmot had assumed warranty claims for Dana Design products. I did not feel that the foam was a warranty claim. Going straight to Mystery Ranch solved the problem. There is no telling what I might have been told by Marmot. That is not a knock against Marmot, just an unknown.
    I am a very happy Dana Design customer since 1994.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Price bump to $100.00.

This is not drawing flies. I'm surprised, since it's a great pack. Mods, please close. I'm going to list on eBay.

++ New Posts ++