WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Own both. Leki owned first and began AT with them. They are a good pole. But went with Pacer poles for one simple reason: pain. I am 78 and still out there. I could not hold on to the Leki and not have pain in my thumbs. Totally an aging thing. If not hiking, I am fine. Then, after awhile with the pacer poles, the different ways to use them becomes a muscle memory thing and going back to standard hand hold felt weird. Pacer service is great. And twist lock is fine if you separate the pole, wash crap off, and air dry between trips. If "out there" for any length of time, I just separate and wash as often as I can. Also, I go with an Heximid solo tent when not hanging. So I have the set up pole with me. And it fits.

I’ve owned my PP since 2003, and I’m on my second set. I really love them. Honestly, it’s been so long I can’t recall what made me select them, but then I’ve always been a bit different in my gear selections. I’ve always gotten a lot of questions from fellow hikers, simply because of the pistol grips.

I always laugh at the Pacer Pole web site, as they go way overboard to explain how their design is beneficial in making your hike easier, complete with instructions on striding, etc., etc. I never bought in to any of that, I just like how they feel, and after all these years, it’s just normal to me.

That said, I have had good service from the owners when needed. I’m glad they are doing well.

Finally, my biggest question is, why have none of the other big boys adopted anything remotely close to the PP design?
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++