WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for a hiking partner for early July

My partner just bailed on me! I'm looking for a thru hiker for safety and sanity. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money (for me) and not sure if I want (or should) do it alone.

If you are only doing some of the trail, if our times align, that would be great, too.

I know it is common to meet people on the trail, but if possibly, I'd like a for-sure person to start with.

Chris

When and where are you hiking? Start point?

Quote Originally Posted by namaste7 View Post
    When and where are you hiking? Start point?
    I could see how that might be helpful. I'm a little flexible on the start date. I was thinking sometime between July 1st and July 6th. Starting from Denver, and going to Durango.

Chris

hi Chris - I am starting on the 9th (flying into Denver on the 8th)... so if you wish to delay your start a little bit, I'll be around In general, it might be a good idea to start later, since segments 1 &2 are currently closed due to high water.

Quote Originally Posted by cayte03 View Post
    hi Chris - I am starting on the 9th (flying into Denver on the 8th)... so if you wish to delay your start a little bit, I'll be around In general, it might be a good idea to start later, since segments 1 &2 are currently closed due to high water.
    1 & 2 are open as of today. I just don't think that gives me enough time. I have to be done by the 14th of August, which means 14 miles a day. While that's not at all unrealistic, it doesn't give much time for all the unforeseen things, as well as 0-days, which I planned to take several of. Bu thanks for the offer.

If you check the Facebook page for the 2015 thru-hikers, you will see a bunch of hikers taking off during that time frame (myself included). I'm sure you can hook up w/ someone on the trail.
    2013 AT Thru-hike: 3/21 to 8/19
    Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t1M/edit#gid=0

Carl2993,

What Facebook site are you look at? I wasn't aware there was a place thru-hikers were sign up other than the CT Journey.

Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf - 23000 View Post
    Carl2993,

What Facebook site are you look at? I wasn't aware there was a place thru-hikers were sign up other than the CT Journey.

Wolf
    See if this link works....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/344526189053227/

You have to join. It took a couple of days to get accepted. There is a spreadsheet w/ when people are starting. I think there are 90+ people listed.

Thanks Carl2993,

This whole hiking/Internet facebook connections is all new to me. I'm old school where I read in notebooks about others hikers journey. It will be nice to put down the computer for a while and just go hiking.

Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf - 23000 View Post
    Thanks Carl2993,

This whole hiking/Internet facebook connections is all new to me. I'm old school where I read in notebooks about others hikers journey. It will be nice to put down the computer for a while and just go hiking.

Wolf
    I hear you, Wolf. It's about time to lace 'em up & start humping. Good luck on your hike.

++ New Posts ++