WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
    I am confused - our plan is that segment (Buffalo Creek to Kenosha Pass). Or are you asking why we are not going the other direction?

Your thoughts would be appreciated on which direction to do Buffalo Creek <-> Kenosha Pass. Right now I think we are going to do Kenosha -> Buffalo Creek, since it will be easier for our shuttle to get home from Kenosha (and leaving the car at Buffalo Creek will probably be easier).
    I was suggesting the other direction to avoid Mtn. bike traffic as much as possible. I don't see any reason why shuttles from either place would be any different, unless you're hiring some commercial shuttle who only knows how to get to Kenosha pass. Plenty of parking at both places.

When you say "weekend" not sure if you're talking Friday-sat-sunday or just Sat-sunday... if the former, you should be fine with bikes in section 3 (where you're starting, right?), but section 3 on a Saturday would be heavy with bikes. If you started at Kenosha and hit section 3 late on Sunday, shouldn't be as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    I was suggesting the other direction to avoid Mtn. bike traffic as much as possible. I don't see any reason why shuttles from either place would be any different, unless you're hiring some commercial shuttle who only knows how to get to Kenosha pass. Plenty of parking at both places.

When you say "weekend" not sure if you're talking Friday-sat-sunday or just Sat-sunday... if the former, you should be fine with bikes in section 3 (where you're starting, right?), but section 3 on a Saturday would be heavy with bikes. If you started at Kenosha and hit section 3 late on Sunday, shouldn't be as bad.
    That makes sense. A friend is doing the shuttling, and they tend to be a bit direction-challenged. Kenosha makes it less likely they will get lost going home. We are actually taking it easy and doing Friday-Monday, so by the time we hit section 3 on Monday, there really should not be a lot of bike traffic.

Thanks for the help!
    2005 SOBO Attempt (500 miles)
    2024 (?) SOBO Planning

just got back from a couple of days on the ct. still plenty of snow out there. title is misleading at best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++